“NEVER AGAIN!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“NEVER AGAIN!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Terrible is being nice. My husband & I stayed here many years ago because it's close to Six Flags Magic Mountain and it was nice then. This trip was the first & last time that we stayed somewhere without checking tripadvisor first. The curtains were 2 different lengths, the bottom sheets weren't properly tucked in, the pillows were old & flat, the pillow cases thread bare, mattresses old & flat. So thankful that I took my own pillow. Our room had a dusty iron & ironing board, no fridge or microwave.

Our friends room was even more of a disaster. The foot of their bed was higher than the head. Their mattress & pillows were old and flat as well. Her husband touched the headboard & it fell off!!!!! Then there were 12 holes in the wall where the headboard had been. Their room had a fridge & microwave but no iron & ironing board. The curtain didn't close all the way. The batting was coming out of the couch. We sat on towels in the chairs because they was all badly stained-theirs & ours. The only positive thing was that there was good water pressure.

The carpet was so nasty in another friends room that they couldn't let their granddaughter play on the floor.

We usually sleep in on weekend trips, not this time. We were up and out of there early! We originally had a 2 night reservation. There was no way that we were going to stay for a second night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cutemel6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a typical hotel for the price range. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly & helpful, and the beds were comfy.

It's close to quite a few restaurants and a grocery store; Valencia is just down the freeway for shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

saw a photo on tripadvisor for the Rodeway Inn castaic only after checking in of a blood soaked boxspring. Sure enough we looked at the terribly old bed and there was blood lot's of dried blood on our boxspring. Looking at the ceiling looked as though there was lot's of blood all over the ceiling. I think there was suicide or murder. Any rate the health dept. needs to shut this place down...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank WintersBiggbirdd58
Torrance, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so I stay at a roadway is near Knotts Berry Farm all the time. My family and I love it and never have any problems there.So when I booked this hotel I was really not concerned about the poor reviews I had read because I've always had a good experience with them. When I called to book my hotel I asked if there were microwaves and refrigerators in the room and they said no, but if I upgraded I could get a room that would have these items. Well, what I got was a tiny little box for a refrigerator that was so broken I could hardly put anything in it. My kids and I joked that Barbie must have put it outside of her condo for trash day, and this hotel had picked it up... The "dresser" that the TV Sat on, was not a dresser at all but a old buffet that would have been in the Haunted Mansion dining room. As for the heated pool, it was freezing cold... No hot tub either.. This is a hotel for traveling truckers... And I have nothing against a working man or women at all.. But they deserve better too.. When I drove around the building to get closer to my room to check out and pack up the car, what I saw was about 30 big rig trucks and at least 10 of them men were working on. It was noisy. As for the continental breakfast, toast, ceral, waffles, the end... my trip was planned for four days, I stayed 2 checked out, and went up the street to the Days Inn and checked in. In my research of where to stay when going to Six Flags Magic Mountain, I would say Days inn Castaic, or Comfort Inn Stevenson Ranch.. Forget about this one...

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
Reviewed November 21, 2012

To bad there is not a minus rating. Do not, I repeat DO NOT subject yourself to the filth unless that is your way of living. The carpet looked as if it had every kind of matter on it. The curtains barley hung on the window with holes in them. As for the bed....it felt as if you were sleeping on box springs. If we didn't catch something from this place it will be a miracle. Take my advice and spend a little more. This was a true rip off, even for a budget motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deeluvsg
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The room was absolutely disgusting! For what is charged that $$ needs to be invested in sheets, pillows, blankets.. etc.. My 12 daughter went in the pool only to find a dead rat! I had planned to stay 3 nights because of the convenience of less travel I checked out of there after the 2nd night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Armando L
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is my second time here. The rooms are clean though a bit dated. This is a budget priced motel so, that is ok. I found the room comfortable. For the location being so close to Magic Mountain, the price is very reasonable. I stayed during the week. I don't know if there is a big price increase on the weekend. There are several shops and fast food places within walking distance. It is located close to a truck stop so, expect some truck traffic. It's not too noisy though. I will stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castaic
Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags
Courtyard Santa Clarita Valencia
Courtyard Santa Clarita Valencia
#7 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita

Been to Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area? Share your experiences!