“DO NOT USE”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
santa clarita, California, USA
“DO NOT USE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

Dirty no breakfast, ants in room, said they were booked and couldn't change, manager very threatening and unpleasant foreigner. Just pay the 10 bucks extra and go somewhere else you can thank me later.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank janestays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

First off, EWW! I booked our online reservation for one night on our way up to Sacramento from Arizona and I will never let my family stay here ever again. My father in law and brother in law stayed in the room next to ours and their rooms were disgusting as well. First of all, when we checked in they gave us our room key, when we went to go inside the bed was Not made the sheets were on the ground and it was obvious the bed had "bedbugs" so I went back to ask for another room they said "sorry" and gave us another room. This next room was a bit better Thus far. The shower had rust everywhere in it, the carpet had stains everywhere, the sheets were dirty, and lastly when we woke up some of sheets fell off the mattress and found Blood stains all over it! We were horrified! My 2 year old, 7 month old, my husband and myself all slept together in that bed and that is absolutely disgusting. We complained upon check out and all they said was "sorry about that" and they took $30 Off. Do not stay here. It is very dirty and run down especially if you have young ones. The parking spots are terrible. I wish we would have stayed somewhere decent for just $20 more.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank jessica_antoinette12
DaysInnCastaic, Owner at Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
The Hotel you describe in your review, if any of that was true, the property would go out of business over night. If anything in your review was true no customer would stay. This property will issue full refund to any customers who are not satisfied with the property in anyway. The hotel has been in business under this ownership for more then 10 years. Any guest not happy with their room would NOT stay at any hotel. There are however guests that make plans to get full refund during check out by your approach. I apologize that you were issued only $30 not the full refund. The Conditions you describe in your review, No customer will pay to stay there. Please consider asking help from the Hotel Staff and not just make plans for "Oh we'll just ask for full refund at check out." Please consider next time requesting to change your room until you find a room you are happy with, and If the hotel can not find you another room, they will be more then happy to issue your full refund so you can stay wherever you like.
az
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Hotel was pretty ghetto. Fairly close to Magic Mountain and that was the only positive thing about it. No breakfast as advertised, wrong beds, gave us smoking when we reserved non smoking. Spend a little more and get a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sstryker
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We received very good service at a very affordable price - only $79/night for 4 people/room. The rooms were clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. The climate control was quiet and made the room comfortable quickly. The management was very responsive and helpful to our requests for additional towels, and other favors. The pool and jacuzzi were small, but very nice and clean. We got plenty of sleep because the beds were comfortable and the area was quiet. For the price, there is not a better place to stay so close to Six Flags.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank UofAWildcat123
Holualoa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

We had choice among the 3 hotels in the Castaic area for a 2 week stay and we were glad that we had chosen Days Inn. The room was clean, service was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Konagrandpa
San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

The service I experienced was great! My fiancee and I had to do a late check in and both the night staff and day staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was exactly what we needed! A comfortable place to stay, and a short drive from magic mountain. Days Inn Castaic also had discount tickets available in the lobby which was very convenient! Helped us avoid long ticket lines!
The continental breakfast was very convenient for a quick breakfast before the day's events.
In my opinion, I liked the location and simple comfort best. The only thing I didn't like were the narrow parking spaces.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this motel to others. If you are looking for a smaller place to stay in close proximity to Magic Mountain or surrounding areas, Days Inn is a great choice!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank awaylikethat106
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

A sign outside states "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" yet I was charged $129 for one night, $60 more than the Inn a block away. Despite repeated requests to have the guarantee honored and the rate reduced, I was given the run around and a vague promise that the manager would call me. He did eventually call me, but was completely unwilling to honor the guarantee. For a place that prides itself on being "the best value under the sun", it was truly a ripoff. I have never paid $129 for a motel before and will never choose Days Inn on my travels again. Please choose another inn that actually promotes its lowest rate with honesty and integrity.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laralynb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castaic
Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags
Courtyard Santa Clarita Valencia
#7 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia

Been to Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain? Share your experiences!