“Terrible Place. Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
Denver, Colorado
“Terrible Place. Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My fiancee and I were looking for a place to stay for one night, and called them hoping it would be a serviceable place to stay. They first took advantage of the fact we were tired and in need of a room and proceeded to claim that rooms in CASTAIC were going for $250 a night. This is not the Four Seasons. It is a trashy, dirty, smelly and gross inn. So, as we were paying for the room, the lady behind the counter clearly stated that we would give us a full refund if we were unsatisfied with the room or decided not to stay. So we walk into the room, realize it is as gross and disgusting on the outside as on the inside, so we immediately leave the room and go to the front desk to tell them we would like a full refund. Another staff member behind the desk then proceeds to tell me that we would be charged a 50% cancellation fee! After a few moments of heated exchange, they graciously agreed to only charge us $30 for holding the room for a grand total of 15 minutes. It is absolutely ridiculous how blatantly they've taken advantage of weary travelers and continue to charge grossly inflated rates. BEWARE!

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room in this place. DO NOT STAY HERE! If you are in a bind, a better place t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
sacramanto ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Where do I begin? - I should have known from the bullet hole in the window, or the blood stained sheets, that we were in for a rough night. We complained to the night manager and at least he gave us another room but it was still a grungy dump of a room with an overwhelming stench of cigarettes and strange stains on the walls and floors and ripped carpeting - at least the sheets weren't bloody. The mattress felt like it was made of straw and I'm not sure if I even slept at all - I just watched the clock tick by and counted the minutes until morning so I could get up and get the hell out of there. Never again Days Inn - this place is a disgrace to your name brand.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 193gmc

Travelers are raving about these Castaic hotels

El Sobrante, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

My Fiancee and i stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Magic Mountain. On the morning of our check out day we were relaxing a bit before our long drive home. My Fiancee got off the bed and a bed bug ran right out from where she was laying. We got a very blurry picture and we found another dead bed bug. We told the front desk and they came over and just kept saying "that's not a bed bug". A few days after getting home, small red spots started appearing all over me. Within a week, I was covered in hundred (yes HUNDREDS) of those little spots. After a lot of research I am positive those were bed bug bites. DO NOT stay here, there are so many other places nearby for about the same price. I've never been so disgusted!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dmccoy1933
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Ripped indoor/outdoor carpeting, something was growing near the ceiling, towels so rough they could be used as sandpaper, shower is made for people under 5' 5", sink was plugged our first night had to leave standing water in it all night, had to ask to get the garbage emptied and clean towels each day, internet was so slow it wasn't even worth trying to use it, continental breakfast ends @ 9 am, the one day I did get down there for it everything was out and it was a complete mess, coffee had been spilled in the heater and never cleaned up, the hide a bed we requested wasn't even suitable for an animal, alarm clock went off @ 5 AM in the room next to us that was empty, I was charged a deposit on the room, but when I was checking out others checking out were not charged a deposit. I would rather sleep in my car than stay at this place ever again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I am a seasoned traveler and have had a variety of interesting lodging experiences. I don't normally complain, but I have no choice not to this time. This place is sketch, absolutely DISGUSTING, and needs a MAJOR facelift! The beds are rock hard, the 3 pillows on the bed are maybe one real pillow when put together, the blankets are torn, burned, and don't even match, the lights are either burned out or don't work, noisy from the trucks on the highway, the outside grounds have yucky sticky stuff all over the corridors, cigarette butts everywhere, the towels are ripped and look like they should be shop rags not hotel towels, and it smelled so bad when we walked in the room that I checked inside the creepy closet thing to make sure there wasn't a dead rotting body in there! Luckily I'm only in this hotel for 6 hours! It really, really, really, truly, IS that bad. I read where the owner had responded to a review about how a hotel that bad would go out of business overnight. I seriously have no idea how this place is still operating. DaysInn are usually really nice, but they must have let this place fall off their radar. I have stayed in nicer places in 3rd world countries. Must be something to do with how close they are to Magic Mountain and the need for accommodation?? I plan on contacting DaysInn corporate as well as the Health Department tomorrow because they need to shut this place down pronto....EWWWW!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hot Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the days inn castaic. I had a great stay! the people are super friendly and helpful!! The location was great only about 5 mins from magic mountain. My kids really enjoyed their breakfast in the morning with waffles and danishes. The free wi-fi was great because the people in the hotel up the street wanted 10$ for wi fi per night! The rooms were nice and clean with all new linens. Everything worked great! Would recommend to anyone looking for a good deal and a good room!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

Pricing is good for a quick one night stay. When we arrived the evening of 12/22/11 the representative was nice but his grammar was confusing, using words where they didnt belong in sentences. Our room was a decent size with a queen bed, but the bathroom had other peoples hair all over it, which is a huge gross out factor to me, especially being in property management myself. The showerhead was meant for children, not adults as far as height, and the hot water kept running out. Although I did like that they had a good working in room heater and in bathroom heater as it was cold out. The pool and hot tub looked nicely kept, but we did not use it. Went to the continental breakfast in the morning and they were out of everything at 8am, butter for the waffles, etc. When we told the representative me was very unempathetic and told us that they didnt have anymore butter. Just disappointing. :(

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castaic
Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 3 in Stevenson Ranch

Been to Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain? Share your experiences!