“Horribly harassed at Days In”

Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
“Horribly harassed at Days In”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This days in is horrible, me and my friends where staying there never really had any problems. Until my mother ended up with lice from using one of there towels, after that all the sudden we had problems, they ended up kicking us out that evening, without refunding the money which we had paied for like another 3 days already. So not only did they kick us out early without any real reason. They harassed us and called the police on us, then as we where putting stuff in the car to leave they tried to shut the door on us and keep all of our belonging, and while I was putting the belonging in the car on of there employees was pretty much stalking me as loaded it ... When they came up to check for bugs the first thing they asked about was bed bugs even though we had already said lice, so I'm thinking some of there rooms still have the problem with the bed bugs, and not only that there was blood on the pillow cases the whole stay, they never rele changed the towels, and I don't belive they changed the sheets. They only think they rele did it wipe the sink, empty a trash and vacuum.

So honestly this is a horrible place to stay, and the managers/owners don't listen, my mom went to talk to one of them and they strait walked away and ignored her right as she started talking. Only stay here if you want your money stolen, bed bugs and lice, and a horribly dirty room.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Drako2113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed April 6, 2011

do not stay here there is a motel down the street called Rodeway inn not much better in regards to looks but at least they were friendly had good service and they were willing to give me a room at the rate i was told i would be charged. days inn management here is a joke! they put my reservation under my not 21 year old boyfriend with my credit card number when he specifically said that the reservation is for my girlfriend we gave them a reservation number and they still couldn't find anything the manager was VERY rude to me and my boyfriend i will NEVER stay here again and i highly recommend that you don't either. not only that but she only refunded me half of my money back for a "no show" but i was there!

Room Tip: dont stay here! go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenlovesgeometry
DaysInnCastaic, Owner at Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
I truly apologize for your inconvenience. If you make a reservation under different name, and upon checkin in to the hotel provide another name and Hotel can not find the reservation that is not the fault of the Hotel Staff. I remember clearly how you refused to provide any other name the reservation could be under, or you refused to provide the last 4 digits of the credit card that was used to make the reservation. Being uncooperative only make it impossible to help you. We as a Customer Service type of business are in business to HELP customers not upset them at any cost. If I remembered correctly, even 1800DaysInn was unable to find your reservation under the name you were providing, and you were not willing to share any other information that we could be used to find your reservation. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience or any discomfort my staff may have caused you. Thank you.
santa clarita, California, USA
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Dirty no breakfast, ants in room, said they were booked and couldn't change, manager very threatening and unpleasant foreigner. Just pay the 10 bucks extra and go somewhere else you can thank me later.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank janestays
Reviewed December 26, 2010

First off, EWW! I booked our online reservation for one night on our way up to Sacramento from Arizona and I will never let my family stay here ever again. My father in law and brother in law stayed in the room next to ours and their rooms were disgusting as well. First of all, when we checked in they gave us our room key, when we went to go inside the bed was Not made the sheets were on the ground and it was obvious the bed had "bedbugs" so I went back to ask for another room they said "sorry" and gave us another room. This next room was a bit better Thus far. The shower had rust everywhere in it, the carpet had stains everywhere, the sheets were dirty, and lastly when we woke up some of sheets fell off the mattress and found Blood stains all over it! We were horrified! My 2 year old, 7 month old, my husband and myself all slept together in that bed and that is absolutely disgusting. We complained upon check out and all they said was "sorry about that" and they took $30 Off. Do not stay here. It is very dirty and run down especially if you have young ones. The parking spots are terrible. I wish we would have stayed somewhere decent for just $20 more.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank jessica_antoinette12
The Hotel you describe in your review, if any of that was true, the property would go out of business over night. If anything in your review was true no customer would stay. This property will issue full refund to any customers who are not satisfied with the property in anyway. The hotel has been in business under this ownership for more then 10 years. Any guest not happy with their room would NOT stay at any hotel. There are however guests that make plans to get full refund during check out by your approach. I apologize that you were issued only $30 not the full refund. The Conditions you describe in your review, No customer will pay to stay there. Please consider asking help from the Hotel Staff and not just make plans for "Oh we'll just ask for full refund at check out." Please consider next time requesting to change your room until you find a room you are happy with, and If the hotel can not find you another room, they will be more then happy to issue your full refund so you can stay wherever you like.
az
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Hotel was pretty ghetto. Fairly close to Magic Mountain and that was the only positive thing about it. No breakfast as advertised, wrong beds, gave us smoking when we reserved non smoking. Spend a little more and get a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sstryker
Temecula, California
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We received very good service at a very affordable price - only $79/night for 4 people/room. The rooms were clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. The climate control was quiet and made the room comfortable quickly. The management was very responsive and helpful to our requests for additional towels, and other favors. The pool and jacuzzi were small, but very nice and clean. We got plenty of sleep because the beds were comfortable and the area was quiet. For the price, there is not a better place to stay so close to Six Flags.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank UofAWildcat123
Holualoa
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We had choice among the 3 hotels in the Castaic area for a 2 week stay and we were glad that we had chosen Days Inn. The room was clean, service was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Konagrandpa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castaic
Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Hyatt Regency Valencia
Hyatt Regency Valencia
#4 of 15 in Santa Clarita

Been to Days Inn Castaic Six Flags Magic Mountain? Share your experiences!