“Holy Cowtown! Awesome steaks, fish, chicken” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Hitching Post
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Casmalia
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Beach, California
“Holy Cowtown! Awesome steaks, fish, chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We never miss the chance to eat here. You can't beat the multi-course cowboy meal cooked on an oak-fire grill. I love the fish, steak, shrimp or chicken. The meals include a small shrimp or fruit cocktail, salad, main course, coffee/tea/soda and a scoop of ice cream. It's nestled in the back hills, and although not convenient to where we stay, it's ALWAYS worth the drive.

• Visited November 2012

Waynesville, Ohio
“Great Steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I were in the Santa Maria Valley for a few days in December, 2012. Santa Maria has a reputation for great steaks and we wanted to hit the best places in the few days we had. The locals kept coming up with this place, its a little out of the way but definetly worth it. This is not fine dining. It is fairly casual but if you are looking for meat and potatoes, really good meat and potatoes, tjhis is the place. We hit several steak places in the area and I have had a lot of good steaks in my days but I have to say this is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Big, juicy, perfectly cooked, friendly service, good side dishes. I went there for the steak though and was not dissapointed. My wife says it was the best steak she has ever had. Its not cheap but its worth it.

• Visited December 2012
Lompoc
“Luis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We live within 30 miles and frequent as often as we can! To tonight by far was the best! Early reservation gave us the opportunity of being greeted by the cook , Luis at the lobby when we arrived. After being seated right by the pit (best seat in the house) we watched him grill some fabulous artichokes, we started to wish we ordered them. Much to our surprise the were delivered to the table next to us and our tab. Compliments of the house! Wow, beat experience we've had and as always the halibut was delicious and the service was great. Recommend!

Orcutt, California
“Was...My #1 Steak House:-(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

As a frequent visitor of this restaurant, I previously gave it high reviews however, my last visit was dissapointing. I ordered my usual and found that the quality (not as tasty) and quanity (smaller portions) has changed and the prices have gone up (already on the high $ide). Not sure if ownership or chef has changed...just not as good:-(

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“great steak house off the grid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very good value for the money! I rarely eat red meat and I am glad I was brought there to experience some quality food. I liked that my meal came with an appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert! I ordered an early bird dinner special with a beer and walked out spending under $45. The restaurant is located off the main highways but not hard to find. The theme is somewhat old west. From the outside it looks like the building is somewhat old but the inside was nice. The lighting was dim but the overall atmosphere was nice. Service was good and my steak was very good. I will be back.

• Visited October 2012