“Was...My #1 Steak House:-(”
Review of The Hitching Post

The Hitching Post
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Casmalia
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

As a frequent visitor of this restaurant, I previously gave it high reviews however, my last visit was dissapointing. I ordered my usual and found that the quality (not as tasty) and quanity (smaller portions) has changed and the prices have gone up (already on the high $ide). Not sure if ownership or chef has changed...just not as good:-(

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very good value for the money! I rarely eat red meat and I am glad I was brought there to experience some quality food. I liked that my meal came with an appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert! I ordered an early bird dinner special with a beer and walked out spending under $45. The restaurant is located off the main highways but not hard to find. The theme is somewhat old west. From the outside it looks like the building is somewhat old but the inside was nice. The lighting was dim but the overall atmosphere was nice. Service was good and my steak was very good. I will be back.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Pro: The steaks were good and tasty. My filet was butterflied and cooked to almost perfection. I think their food taste better than their Buellton branch. Cons: The servers were a bit rough on the edges, I guess to blend well with their "cowboy" atmosphere. Don't eat here if you want a quiet and peaceful dinner; the noise level was extremely high. Was it worth the drive to the boonies?----NO.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Got here at 5:30 and they were packed. It is way out in the boonies so not much else to offer. They were very nice and told us to wait for about 30 minutes to see if they could squeeze us in. Since it was a long way to any other restaurant we were hesitant but we waited. They were able to accommodate us and were we pleased. It was the best steak we had had in years. This is saying something as we never like any steak more than our own. The service was especially good as everyone was pleasant and helpful. If this wasn't 2000 miles away from home I would become a regular.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My ribs were extremely salty. My husbands steak was so-so. I saw them put the filet mignon on the grill. It looked like pieces of meat put together with meat glue. This is not the quality that you should pay $28-47 a plate for.