“Quick overnight stop”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Lake Elsinore, United States
“Quick overnight stop”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect right off the freeway. We were on a long drive & needed to get some sleep. I was able to secure a room & get the best sleep in along time. We even had to get a late check out. The staff was very accommodating to our needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here because our Philippines Airlines flight to Manila was cancelled. There are no glasses nor plastic cups in the room. Doubletree expects you to catch the water with your hands to brush your teeth. DO NOT STAY HERE OR IF YOU HAVE TO, BRING YOUR OWN CUPS.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fruit5705
Tyrone F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good Morning,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let our present and future guests know about your experience. We were happy to be your home away from home during your unfortunate flight delay. In regards to your concern of not having cups; we provide in each room a coffee maker with 2 cups and also an ice chest with 2 additional glass cups. These items are provided in your in room cabinet just below the television. Although it is not helpful to know that these items were in the room now, I would like to challenge you to reach out to one of our helpful hotel representatives next time and trust that we will provide anything that our guests need and if we do not have the requested item we sure will know where to find it.

Best Regards, ,

Tyrone F.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The event was great, Mariano did a great job. Mariano went out of his way to make our 25th Anniversary Special. We have some great memories. All of our guests loved the Refinery Room and the food. They had a great time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Durham, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was an excellent location for the event we were attending at the Home Depot Center. It was the nicest hotel in the area! The staff was wonderful and the hotel felt very safe! Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Carson, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Really had high expectations for this place. everything went wrong from the beginning. check in was horrible, the girl working there was rude, they room didn't smell great, i was placed right next to the housekeeping room and it was always loud in there... sucked!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

California
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and from the moment I checked in to even a day after I checked out I have dealt with the absolute worst customer service. Before checking in, I knew I was going to have a late check in so I called the hotel to confirm that will be ok and asked if she could confirm my reservation. At the time I was told I would have a non-smoking King room. When I checked in, I was given a double queen, SMOKING room. First of all, what hotel still allows smoking in their rooms AND in California??!!! I was told the room I had when I called before checking in was given to someone else bc the room I was in was not guaranteed. They had a few rooms available left but they said the wouldn't change my room until the next day. I have never smoked a day in my life so you can only imagine how disgusting the room was when we checked in. My clothing stunk in my suitcase and the smell stayed until we finally checked out of the hotel.
We did change rooms the next day but even changing rooms was not a smooth process. They hassled us about moving our luggage.
When we checked out of the hotel, I asked the Front Desk Agent to split the bill on 2 diff cards. Well the agent had no idea what she was doing and asked my boyfriend and I for our credit cards 3 different times. After the 3rd time I could tell she didn't know what she was doing and noticed on my bank account that she had charged my card twice while I was standing there! She didn't even bother mentioning that to me until I showed her what she had done. Her response was 'yea I know, I'm refunding you now'. I called the hotel after this to speak to them about this issue and the Asst FOM told me that when you split bills upon checkout the first person who puts their card down will always be charged the full amount and then they will be refunded half. THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!!!! And if that's the case, you should mention this to your guest when they are planning to split the bill.
I have worked in hotels many years and understand working the front desk can be a little difficult at times but in the hospitality industry you always side with the guest. You want the guest to have a good experience and enjoy their stay and if there is an issue you will find a way to resolve it. This hotel did not side with the guest or make our stay enjoyable in any way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mich4284
Richmond, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Right off of the 405 on Carson Street and only a few miles from the San Pedro Harbor this hotel is very comfortable, clean and convenient. The parking is free which is hard to find in the Long Beach area. The hotels elevators may only be operated with your hotel key pass which really tightens security.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
#2 of 20 in Torrance

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson? Share your experiences!