“Nice stay.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and two little kids stayed at this hotel over the weekend. We took advantage of the Bed & Breakfast rate which included the buffet breakfast for all four us for just $11 more than the regular daily rate. The room was nice, nothing special. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was really good. The hotel is close to the 405 but our room faced away from the freeway so noise was not noticable. Parking was free and plentiful. If we ever need to stay on the west side of LA again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed here for five nights. The carpet in my room, 719, was so dirty that when stepping into the shower, I left dirt footprints on the tub floor. I had to wear my shoes whenever I walked in the room. The food in the restaurant and lounge was good and the hotel staff was friendly. I have styaed here oover the past few years and the quality of this property is definitely going down hill. I will staying elsewhere in the future, probably at the Hyatt Regency in Longbeach. It costs more but the carpet is clean!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2011

The front desk was friendly, and the rest of the hotel staff including security seemed to be happy employees. They would always smile and open the door for me.
We enjoyed happy hour at the bar and had a friendly bartender. We decided to get a table to have dinner but after being seated and was given the menus -and a few more drinks, she was no where to be found. We decided to leave and have dinner elsewhere.
I would stay at this hotel again if it's priced right. Considering it's in Carson it shouldn't be to over priced but there are the busy days in which it is. Just do your homework :).

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Slow check in, room had weird smell, bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank tattoou
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I wanted to be close to my relative during the family reunion. I should have stayed in Long Beach. This hotel needs a lot of work. The room has distinct smell coming from the toilet. I reported to the front desk but had a feeling did not care about my concern. Will not return to this area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I was welcomed back as a previous guest; I've never stayed at the property so my sense is they just welcome everyone back but they don't take the time to educate themselves.
I asked for a room not located on the freeway side of the property. I was placed next to the freeway.
My internet connection in that room was dead. The front desk moved me to the other side of the hotel.
I went down for breakfast (I am Hilton Diamond) and was told I could have coffee or juice and toast or a sweet roll. THAT'S IT--no cereal , no fruit, nothing.
I was scheduled to stay a week but I checked out the next day...I told the front desk what the issues were. They made no attempt to help, but they did tell me that I wasn't the first Hhonors member to complain.
The furnishings in the room were nothing to write home about (no flat screen); however, the bathroom has been recently remodeled.
The location>? TERRIBLE. do yourself a favor and drive to Torrance or Long Beach.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank businesstraveler155
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The warm cookies were a nice touch for an ok hotel. The hotel was adequate, nothing terrific but convenient to the Home Depot Center. Our room was fine in general although the bathroom fixtures were in need of some help (loose, lousy showerhead). TV was older CRT. "High speed internet" in the room was a dissapointment. Although it was free, it was not wireless and quite slow. WiFi was available in the lobby. Didn't try the restaurant but enjoyed some of the local ethnic eateries.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
#3 of 5 in Carson
Holiday Inn Torrance
Holiday Inn Torrance
#12 of 20 in Torrance

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson? Share your experiences!