All reviewsstub hublos angelesgreat hoteleasy accesscomplimentary breakfastclean roomslong beachbusiness centerbusiness triproad noisefree parkingthe breakfast areawalking distanceconvenient locationnight staywe've stayedhotel is located
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Typical and reliable, quality service and amenities of a Hampton Inn. Request a room away from the noisy highway to get the best night's sleep possible. Prepare to pull hard to turn on the shower though.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We stayed in the Hampton Inn (not suites) and used it as our home base while visiting Universal Studios and doing college tours for my son. The hotel is easily accessible by major freeways like the 110, 405 and 91. Regardless of short distances to destinations, due to LA traffic, everything is an hour away, LOL.
We’ve come to expect that we can get a hearty breakfast from Hampton Inn hotels. They provided a great breakfast to start the day; complete with waffles, bread, pastries, protein, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and juices.
One thing that caught me off guard was how small the rooms were!?! The rooms had no closet space; only cabinets and an armoire to store your belongings. We had to leave our luggage and other belongings just sitting out on the desk and chairs. This made the room feel cramped. I wonder why they built this hotel so tight?!? The room does come complete with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. I like being able to have cold water in the room and being able to warm up left overs, if needed. I really wish that the room came with a safe; good piece of mind to have a safe; if we need to leave valuables in the room during travel.
The hotel is located in an area that looks/feels distressed; but my family never felt unsafe at anytime. They have a security guard posted in the parking lot; it was assuring to know that they are trying to prevent any theft or vandalism.
We did not use the pool; but the main pool looked clean; but the Jacuzzi was discolored? I would avoid dipping in until they have that resolved. Large, well equipped gym with 5 cardio machines and enough free weights to get a good work out.
I would recommend this room for couples, large families will feel cramped.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018

We are Hilton Honors members and mainly stay in Hampton Inns. This hotel just did not seem like a Hampton Inn.

Chaotic arrival, did not get welcomed at all, employees were fighting with computer systems and told us that the electric had just came back on after being out for 24 hours.

Looking around, the lobby was a mess- mail boxes and dirty overflowing housekeeping carts everywhere. Things stacked up behind front desk, just overall messy and chaotic.
The rest of the lobby area generally felt dirty and made us a little apprehensive for what the room would be like.

We were told that their systems were running slow and they could not check us in and it could be upwards of an hour before they got it figured out. We were told to have a seat, so we sat awkwardly in the lobby area and waited, adding to our already long travel day. None of this was told to us with any sort of apology or "I'm sorry". We sat and waited and waited... finally another lady came from the back and seemed to know a work around and got us checked in manually with paper and pen. Thankful for that lady!

Finally got up to room which seemed clean but a bit on the small side.

But the feeling that this was not a Hampton Inn persisted:
Towels were horrible- OLD and scratchy.

Heavy road noise!! Worst we've ever heard in a hotel room, and it went on all night.

Daughter wanted to swim so we went to the pool and looked for towels- none there so we approached the front desk. Man was grouchy and not welcoming or approachable at all. Pool was 1 1/2 feet low of water and extremely dirty. My daughter swam for a few minutes and told me it was too dirty and wanted to leave. She said she kept getting other people's hair on her. It had to be bad for an 11 year old to not want to swim (her favorite activity).

I thought about approaching the front desk with our concerns (we were definitely less than 100% Satisfied as Hilton guarantees) but knew from our past interactions with them we'd get nowhere, and frankly just wanted to get out of there at that point.

For the first time ever- I would definitely would NOT recommend this location, and would NOT return.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Hampton Inn in Carson is clean. Staff is polite and professional. Had a peaceful stay. The breakfast was delicious and the coffee is excellent. The mattresses gives a plush, goodnight's sleep. Close to the Mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018

It was a very good choose. I will come back if I will have a chance. Good location, kindly staff. Perfect for my business trip. My first time there but I knews the Hampton Inn by Hilton it never disappoint me

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business