“Good price, relatively close by car to attractions,”
Review of Motel 6 Carson

Motel 6 Carson
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Good price, relatively close by car to attractions,”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This hotel was perfectly fine for a budget hotel in suburban LA. It's close enough to the highway to find easily, without being noisy. You get a perfectly adequate breakfast. It's nothing fancy by any means, but if you're looking to explore LA without spending too much, you could do a lot, lot worse.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank Quebermuda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I stayed in the Clarion in Carson for 6 nights in November 2010, to attend a course nearby in Torrance.

On the third night I found a bedbug crawling on the sheets, and it had already bitten me as I could see the blood in it's abdomen, which was pretty gross. I requested to move rooms. The manager was apologetic but offered nothing in the way of a bill reduction or voucher or anything.

On the sixth and final night, a group of bikers had a meeting in the hotel, and stayed up until 4am revving engines and shouting, and at one point letting off fireworks, and as my new room was at the front ot the hotel I got 3 hours sleep before the red-eye the following morning.

Even aside from these incidents, the hotel was pretty grim. It had a drak gloomy feeling, no elevator to the upper rooms, and just felt plain dirty and run-down. The free wifi was terribly slow, too slow to voice-only skype, and I wasn't comfortable at night with my rental car in the carpark, it wasn't very secure or monitored.

By way of compensation, one of the workers offered three nights free of the six, but then the manager withdrew that offer and would only give one. After a lot of back and forth he offered 2 and eventualy I was able to get 3 back, as I had booked through Hotwire, so I only had to pay for 3 of the 6 but even then it wasn't worth it.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank IamMcLovin

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

Province of Trapani, Italy
Reviewed September 4, 2010

When writing a review for a hotel such as this, you write it based on exactly the reasons why you chose to stay at such a property in the first place. Thus we're giving this Clarion high-marks. We were in town to explore LA, see friends and relax at the beach, Clarion provided the ideal base of operations; Close to the 405 makes it a breeze to traverse the freeways. If your not afraid of a little walking in LA, there's also an Ikea, Target, Starbucks and the Carson Mall all within 200 yards. Additional points: clean linens, polite service, decent line-up of TV channels, free parking, speedy wi-fi, standard breakfast. One note, request a room on the inside of the property, bit quieter.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank supergaggle
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Staff was nice, parking great, morning breakfast with waffles my son had made me breakfast ha ha... I was happy and the kids were happy it was a good night! I will be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Tucantangle
st. louis, Mo
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Dirty ,smelly, and scary! Don't stay here!!! Poor lighting. Didn't feel safe.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kpayne27
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews of it extensively. The pictures looked really nice, and it was rated at 3 stars. We get there, and as we walked in I noticed that the front doors were open and they had a fan on to cool the lobby, and a small fan at that. While standing at the check out counter I noticed that behind the desk the walls were tore up and in need of repair, and there was another fan going behind the desk to cool the employees. I got a bad feeling then. We head to our room with out ton of luggage only to discover that there was no elevator and we had to carry all of it ourselves. We get to the room and it smelled like a bar, total cigarette overpowering us. We go down and explain that we requested a non-smoking room. They give us a new room. The room is not what was pictured. In the pictures it showed the beds as having down comforters on them and not the old, ugly, nasty bedspreads that cheap hotels usually have. It was in need of major renovations. We called Expedia, who we booked through, only to be told that nobody else had openings for the 10 days were gonna be there. So, we stayed here. There was free breakfast, free parking, two of the major reasons this hotel was picked to begin with. The first morning we went down for breakfast, we were really disappointed. The selection was make your own waffles ( which I LOVE) a couple fo different fruite, 3 cereals, toast, and bagels and juice. I could not make myself eat the waffles. They were horrible. I have never turned down a waffle and I could not eat them. The rest of the trip I didn't even bother going down there. So, my advice to all travelers would be to NOT stay at this hotel. We had never stayed at a Clarion before, and will not in the future. I am not sure if they are all this bad, but my guess would be yes. Oh, and the walls were paper thin, you could here everyone's everything. The matresses were old and hard as bricks, the pillow they give you, and it is only one each was lumpy and bumpy. The spread on the bed had repairs on the other side and looked like it was about 30 years old. And to top it all off these room were obviously not deisgned with a traveler in mind. it was hard to get ready. There were hardly any elecrtical outlets, only a couple of mirrors. The bath tub filled up as you took a shower, The shower was so low I had to practically do a backbend to wash my hair. The bathroom didn't have good ventilation and so steamed up bad.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We had a very decent experience at Clarion. The rooms were clean and proper, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was correct for a standard complimentary continental. The parking was available (yes, there was no gates or security equipment, but it didn't seem to be a problem for us...). Our TV was not properly programmed when we arrived, but they fixed it in twenty minutes after I called the reception. The room had thick curtains, what gave us a good isolation from the outside light in the morning. They were very well acoustically isolated as well, very calm. The service was nice (they were responsive when I called). It's a very functional hotel for sleeping and having a rest after a day of tourism.

We were looking for a hotel that fits in our budget, and this one was perfect. There are some groceries, restaurants and shops around, giving us a lot of flexibility.

Negative points: location (a bit far from LA, but not too much from the airport; you will need a car to go to LA). Lots of traffic to LA touristic spots. However, it is not very far from Hermosa beach and Long beach, if you want to know the cold June LA beaches. Internet access was a little bit slow as well... but who cares?!

Of course, it is not a five stars Bervelly Hills hotel, but if you want to spend your money in visits rather than in hotels, that's the place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hugolpr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
LA Crystal Hotel
LA Crystal Hotel
#4 of 5 in Compton
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Been to Motel 6 Carson? Share your experiences!