“Great value, very basic room, great location, awesome staff.”
Review of Motel 6 Carson

Motel 6 Carson
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights. Check in was a breeze and the staff were all very friendly, happy, and helpful. Our room was very clean and updated. We swam in the pool which was a nice size and no one else was there, score! There are renovations going on in one wing of the hotel but no worries, you will not be bothered by any noise. The location is awesome, it is by a shopping mall, plenty of restaurants, Target, and the freeways. The reason why I am rating the motel as average is because they are lacking some amenities that I find are important. There is a microwaves/refrigerator in the room, however, there isn't a blow dryer, iron and iron board. Being a girl with long hair, not having a blow dryer is doom. Luckily, my friend is smart and she brought one. I also did not like the sink in the bathroom. It is a nice bowl sink thing, however it is pretty high. I am 5'1 and it was hard for me to wash my face without getting water everywhere. I would imagine it might be difficult for small children to use. Also, note that there is not a full length mirror which mean you might have to stand on top of the bed to check yourself out. Every single staff member was incredibly nice, including front desk, housekeeping, custodian. Overall, if you are looking for a basic room, you will get a clean room at a great price! Just don't forget to bring your own blow dryer and iron.

Room Tip: Room 180 is a non smoking 2 double beds room that is close to separate exit. You can easily access t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Many thanks for the great review, Cici! We appreciate you taking the time out to leave such thoughtful comments for other travelers. I'm glad that you liked most of the accommodations, and I apologize that there was no hair dryer or iron in the room, but these items are available on request but calling the front desk.
We would be very happy to have you back with us again whenever your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The manager at this location goes above and beyond to make sure all the guests are happy! I ALWAYS try to stay here when I am in town and they have been remodeling so it is getting even better. I was told they are adding washer/dryers and the landscaping looks beautiful..I haven't had a chance to try the pool yet but it is always kept clean and inviting. All the staff are friendly and very helpful......stay here when you are in town!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you so much SD! I am so happy that you appreciate the level of service given to you by myself and the rest of the staff. We are always happy to have you, and definitely check out the pool next time you are here! Summer fun is around he corner :)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The motel is clean, nice lobby, beds are comfy, great location for eating out. The day I went I was able to check in early because the room was clean. The staff was great. They do have transport truck and buses that park in lot when they stay there, so it takes up a lot of parking spaces.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you so much for the review, MIT. We are happy that we were able to accommodate your early check in, and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We will be happy to have you back again when your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have travelled worldwide and stayed in some of the finest hotels money can buy. I can unequivocally and wholeheartedly say with convictin that the service, staff, rooms and maintenance of this establishment exceeded even my high standards. They are pet friendly too which is a bonus and have a pool, gazebo and BBQ pit. Parking is always readily available and well lit, free coffee and a business center coming soon. In addition the location is conveniently located near the 405 freeway and major shops, restaurants and a gym.

All around I would give this motel 6 a six star rating out of a possible 5 and u can rest assured Janine and her staff will do their utmost to ensure your stay is both pleasureable and memorable.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Mitch, Thank you for such a thoughtful and complimentary review. We are all very happy to hear your sentiments. Comments such as yours renew our fuel for excellence! We are so happy to have you here with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Ignor old reviews this is pretty much redone and very nice. Clean, comfy beds, great location for shopping and eating out. The only negatives I had were that we drive transport truck and arrived early after days of driving and no one would allow a check in till 3pm. We waited 8 hrs then stood in line to check in. People check out all morning and rooms cleaned throughout day but won't let you in. Other motels do. Really sucked after days on the road then to stand line? The other issue was if you want a bath I guess thats a perk you cant do unless you bring your own plug. They do not provide. Strange -i like a tub soak when off the road have showers all the time. Just plug it with something yourself. Room was large, wall mounted flat screen, table and chairs, microwave worked great but from some other decade, fridge worked good. Overall great upgrade would stay again. Pets free and truck parking. Our boss forgot to book smoking which sucked but at 3pm check in one came available for us. The pool was awesome too. Wifi not great cuts in and out constantly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Howeller63
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Howeller63, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your review, and hope you accept our sincerest apologies that you had to wait to check in. We have been sold out almost every single night and we truly did not have the rooms ready to check you in early. We highly appreciate the work you do and we understand that after driving and working all the hours that you do, you just want to kick back and relax. We try our very best to have rooms ready before check in time, as we know that a lot of drivers stay with us. Every so often, our efforts fall short.
We do have plugs for the bathtubs, and I have let the maintenance and housekeeping staff know that the missed this one. We will ensure that you have all that you need the next time you stay with us. :)

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was very impressed with the updates they did on this specific location. I felt secured and loved the idea of having a small mall across the hotel and a few restaurants. I would stay here again. The only thing I was not prepared for and is really my fault for not checking is that I am always used to a hair dryer in the room. This motel does not have hair dryer or amenities such as shampoo, conditioner or lotion. Other than that, it was great to stay here.

Mildred
Springfield, MA

Room Tip: Great value.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let people know about your stay, Millie1963! All of us here are delighted to know that you had a great visit with us. I apologize about the hair dryer, we do have some available upon request, but they are not standard in all the rooms.
We would be happy to have you back again, and we will make sure that you have your dryer! :)

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at this Motel 6 in Carson,CA has been Awesome. It's the best Motel 6 out of all the ones we've stayed. From the upgrade from the inside to outside. Very clean and pleasant place to stay. The staff is very Excellent from the Manager all down to housekeeping. I recommend If you come into to Carson, CA for a visit stay there at Motel 6 888 E Dominguez St Carson,CA 90746.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ladytpeace
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the amazing review of our staff and our hotel, Ladytpeace!
It's guests like you that make us happy to come in everyday with renewed pride in all that we do. Thank you so much for your recommendation! We are happy to have you here with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
LA Crystal Hotel
LA Crystal Hotel
#4 of 5 in Compton
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Been to Motel 6 Carson? Share your experiences!