“PERFECT STAY !”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Buena Park, California
“PERFECT STAY !”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

we stayed here last december with my husband and we have a great stay. room is nice and clean as the frontdesk staff JOE was very nice to us also he even help us carry our luggages in the room though i we know his alone during the night. We didnt worry about leaving our important things inside the room because i had a good impression to this motel. Security is always on the ground to check safetyness.
I love staying in this hotel which exceeds my expectations.. thank you

Room Tip: friendly staff
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a great experience with us, and that our staff went above and beyond your expectations. It is our primary desire to make sure that each guest has a comfortable stay, great night's rest, and memorable experience. Looking forward to having you guys back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Room is very nice and huge compare to other Motel 6 I stayed in. Staff (Jojo) was very helpful and accommodating when we checked out. I would definitely stay again here in the future and will recommend this Hotel to all of my friends. And in addition I feel very secured to this location that they have a security during night time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room close to the lobby area.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for the awesome comments, Mark! We have tried very diligently to maintain a great new facility and atmosphere for our guests! It makes us so happy to know that our Guest Service representative provided exceptional service for you during your stay.
We look forward to having you back with us soon!
La Quinta, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights over Christmas last week while visiting family nearby. I was just looking for clean and comfy sleeping and bathing accomadations.The property is almost totally renovated and the rooms and lobby are done as well as part of their parking lot, which is all being re-paved.. Everything is new in the rooms and like other renovated Motel 6's I have been to in this style, the feel is rather Palm Springs mod- but for a very inexpensive price. With wood laminate floors, streamlined furniture, comfortable beds, flat screen TV , fridge and microwave in the room, and immaculate bathroom with new fixtures, there is nothing negative to say. At the time I was there they had not yet installed key entry only doors to all buildings on the property, which was a bit of a security concern, but I was assured by the manager that this will be accomplished very soon. There is an Ikea store and a large shopping center across the street and though Carson is certainly not the fanciest place, it is freeway accessible and convenient to the South Bay Beach cities as well as Long Beach and OC.If you have a dog, this is the best way to go- but its great value even if you don't. I would definitely stay there again! Its more comfortable than staying with my family! My room was facing the st in front but property is set back from the rd and I found it very quiet. The rooms in the back part of the property face the freeway and may have been noisier.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the wonderfully thought-out review, lqgueradg35! It makes us so happy to receive reviews such as yours, as we are tirelessly toiling to get the word out about our newly revamped rooms and facilities. We appreciate hearing that you will stay with us again, and that you had a comfy, cozy stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Happy New Year!
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Roach in the rooms, very nasty poor service, I would stay again next time coz this is the most affordable you can get at a great location and good rooms. For sure when they are done renovating, this can earn 5 stars for a budget hotel.Fortunately construction resumed at 7:00 the next morning, so we had an alarm to wake us so we could get the heck out of there!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mathis77
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Mathis, I thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your experience here and that we have good rooms at great rates! We strive towards excellence so feedback like yours helps us define problem issues that need to be resolved. As you know, we are in the process of renovating our hotel, in the hopes of being able to provide our guests with a beautiful new facility to enjoy. This comes with some setbacks, such as unsettling some insects from their homes underground, and we sincerely apologize that you had an unwanted guest in your room during your stay. We would appreciate the opportunity to be able to ensure a wonderful stay upon your next visit. Please contact me directly and I will happily extend to you the best room we have available at an unbeatable rate once the renovation is complete (or your travels bring you back our way). Regards.

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is my second time to stay at this hotel and I had a better experience! Compared to the old rooms, the new rooms were much comfortable, with fluffier pillows, newly painted walls, easier access to the lobby, still very clean, new digital aircon/heater and overall, everything feels new. If available, do request for the new rooms!

The downside is that they didn't allow local calls that time and the parking area is being renovated.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank JazzV
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thanks for the second review, Jazzy. We are very happy that your second visit was even better than the first! We appreciate you coming back and letting others know how the renovations are coming along! Please accept my apologies as you were unable to make a local call, we have not had any problems with outgoing phone calls. Next time, we can show you how to place that call.
We are in our final phase and excited for everything to be completed soon.
Take care and we hope your travels keep bringing you back to the Motel 6 Carson!
Happy Holidays!
Yucca Valley, California, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

They were doing construction which wasn't listed anywhere when I booked. The parking lot has massive pot holes and even the driveway entrance I thought the bottom of my car would be scrapped off. Telephone was missing buttons, microwave had wrong plate in it so couldn't use it. Vending machine were out of order and the comforter I had had burn holes in it. You can tell the maids barely cleaned the room because under bathroom sink there was trash and also under bed. Even though rooms are inside its not secure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to an outside door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Robyn,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us some comments. As the new GM here, I have been doing my best to make sure that all our guests are happy and comfortable here in our beautiful facility. We are currently in our final phase of the renovations, and I'd like to personally invite you back and stay with us after everything is complete. We would love to have the opportunity to change your mind about us. Furthermore, if you could email me in private, I'd like to know what room you stayed in so that I may speak with that housekeeper. We have always received praise on the quality and cleanliness of our rooms. Please email me at gm@motel6carson.com. Thank you.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was in a newly remodeled room and it was awesome. Above average size for a king room with a fridge and microwave. LOVE the wood laminate floors. You know if it's clean or not--unlike carpeting. The bathroom had all new fixtures which worked wonderfully. It does not matter to me, but there is no furniture in the room except for the bed, built-in table and bench seat, and a chair-No dressers. For me, I never use dressers in a hotel. I literally live out of the suitcase. The 32" flat screen TV is built-in and mounted on the wall opposite the bed. Would be nice if there was HD programming for the HD-ready TV. I was very pleased with the internet speed. The free wifi is faster than most hotels.
There was a strange quirk with my room key--it kept getting demagnetized almost everyday. I have never had that happen as often as this. The staff said it was probably my phone demagnetizing it. Mythbusters has debunked this, but I kept the keycard away from my phone thereafter, but it would still get demagnetized. I am assuming it is the new locking software for Motel 6 just took over the property, so there could still be some software kinks to work out.
Also, because they just took over, there was also areas of the hotel still in need of renovation. There were ladders and drop cloths in the lobby. There were workers on the property daily but there was no noise during sleeping hours. I am not letting the ongoing renovations bother me, for it is temporary. The place will be awesome when they are done.
There was always plenty of parking. Locationwise, there is a Target and mall food court for food across the street. A few other restaurants including Chiles and Tony Romas are in the are. Also, a 24 Hours fitness. NO excuse to miss the gym when it's right there.
I really appreciated the room. I had never stayed in a Motel 6 before and I was very pleased. The most pleasing aspect was most everything was new. I hope Motel 6 maintains the property so this place is a nice one year, two years from now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jainine J, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Somewher808- Thank you so much for such a thorough and thoughtful review of our establishment. We have all been working so hard to maintain the highest levels of guest satisfaction, as well as revamp the place to give it a great new look and feel. Sorry for your key not working right, we are already looking into correcting that concern.
If your travels bring you this way again, we will be happy to see you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson
Econo Lodge Near Stub Hub Center
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance
LA Crystal Hotel
LA Crystal Hotel
#4 of 5 in Compton
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Been to Motel 6 Carson? Share your experiences!