“Just a long time friend”
Review of Spot

Spot
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Carpinteria
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I don't even know if its the same owners, but, the Spot has been there a very long time, like many of the places in Carp. It just makes you feel the world is in place. Its nice to see no big changes, just good food and a place you can count on.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Ordered a cheeseburger and it was one of the best ones I've ever had. I didn't have to tell them what to put on it because it came with everything. The lettuce was crispy, onions crunchy, pickles good, tomato fresh. The meat and the sauce delicious. I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The burger patties were burned and dry. The shrimp was over breaded and ovwe cooked. Why anyone wpuld gibe thia location more then a 3 rating is beyond me. The service was excellent. The only problem i had was tje e,ployees kids were running through tje restaurant and distirbing the customers.

1  Thank 2nullies
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I read the reviews of the Spot before venturing out for "lunnner" (lunch/dinner). As I drove by there were families, seniors and teens on the patio so, I decided that the reviews must be accurate. Perhaps I should have ordered a burger. The fish and chips I did order were merely okay. There were 3 pieces of white fish deep fried and a slew of French fries. The fries were good but the fish was questionable. One piece was great, one mediocre and one so over-cooked that it was not edible.

What was a pleasant surprise was the live music being played on the deck. There was a couple dancing and many toes were tapping, including mine. The experience was okay but, I came away from the Spot asking my self, "What is all the excitement about?".

Reviewed August 14, 2013

There is nothing glamorous about the Spot, just a shack that serves great food and shakes. The service is always fantastic and the although the line can be huge at times it is well worth the wait. Between the 10 of us we had hamburgers, chili burgers, all sorts of shakes, fries, taquitos and everything was excellent.