“Overpriced, but the food is good”
Review of Spot

Spot
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Carpinteria
verde valley
“Overpriced, but the food is good”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Plan on a long wait and plan on spending a lot of money for an old-fashioned hamburger stand.

The food here is always good, surprisingly. I usually get a hamburger, onion rings, and a pineapple shake. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

This is the closest food place to the beach in Carpinteria.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank arizona-mark

Ventura, California
“This is another oldie but goodie”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is just a small un-assuming "Spot" on Linden Ave in Carpinteria that has been there forever and still serves the same great food it has for years. It's located just across the railroad tracks as you head toward the bech on Linden. As a matter of fact, it is just a short walk from the beach. I have made the short walk many times thru the years while sunning at the beach with my wife and or kids and now my grandkids. There is a great menu including hamburgers, chili, burritos, shrimp and deserts and just about everything in between. If your going to try it for lunch, get there early because the line gets quite long and you might have to wait awhile. Try it, I think you'll like it!

• Visited September 2012
Burbank, California
“Really good food 1 block from the beach”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Aptly named little food shack with indoor and outdoor seating. They have a pretty varied menu from fried fish and shrimp, to burgers and dogs, even mexican food. My husband and myself went with another couple and we each got something different to try the place out. I got a regular cheeseburger and onion rings, my husband a bacon burger and chilly fries, and our friends got fish and chips and shrimp and chips respectively. I didn't taste the fish or shrimp but they both said it was very good. The burgers, if i had to guess are their claim to fame. Excellent...fresh beef, not frozen and hand formed patties with soft delicious buns make a pretty great burger. My husband said the bacon on his burger was perfectly cooked and not overly salty. the onion rings were good but not great as were the chilly fries. I would definitely come back for the burgers, shrimp and fish, but the side orders were just ok. We did not have any shakes or malts, but they are very popular as almost all of the people around us tried them. Definitely worth the stop for a great burger at a good price. And because it's at the beach, bathing suits, and all manor or beachwear is perfectly acceptable.

• Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This place hits the SPOT!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just had to try The Spot, because there was always a line to eat there, no matter what time of day it was! Well, the Spot did not let us down. It was GOOD. Hambergers, shakes, hot dogs and more, YUM!! Perfect beach food, fast service, good food, try it you'll like it!!!

Visited August 2012
California
“Adequate”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Small burger shack near the beach. Very convenient location when you find yourself starving on the beach. I got the fish and chips last time. It was pretty average. I would get it again. The pineapple milkshake didn't have enough pineapple in it. Lots of parking in the back.

Visited July 2012