“Perfect”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Carpinteria, California
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I highly recommend this option for breakfast when in Carpinteria (or Santa Barbara). We have eaten there many, many times. It is the delight of locals. Always consistent and a wonderful variety of options.

Visited September 2012

Salinas, California
“We'll go there every time we pass through, or are even near, Carpinteria”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were there twice within about a week. Compared to other reviewers, we must have lucked out with crowds, as there were plenty of free tables at about 9 or 10 am on weekdays..

I really liked the shrimp and andouille on grits. It is an amazing value; an awful lot of food for the price. My wife had the jambalaya with eggs on top, which she liked, but not as she liked my grits.

She thought the cornbread was pretty good, but on the sweet side.

Service was excellent; attentive without being pushy or rushing us along.

Back to the portion sizes: we ended up able to eat about half of our breakfasts, and saved the leftovers for later. On our second trip there we knew better, and had two meals split up into 4 boxes to take with us: two for lunch, and two for dinner. Unless you a very large, starving truck driver, I don't see how one could possible polish off one of those breakfasts in one sitting.

• Visited September 2012
“Just a fine place to eat”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The atmosphere is the best of all the other restaurants of the same name. The staff is friendly and ready to accommodate. There were enough condiments and three types of hot sauce on the table that you never have to ask for anything. The food was and is always fantastic and there's plenty of it. Sit, relax and enjoy

“Worth the wait”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great for breakfast or lunch. Breakfast, try the chiliquiles. Lunch, any of the Cajun options were good.

lahaina, maui, hi.
“only been for breakfast”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

eaten a few times here for breakfast during my visits back to my home town,
just ate there with my wife and brother last week and enjoyed the food once again.
my wife had blackened salmon and got a huge piece of fish with three scrambled eggs and potatoes, huge prortion and she enjoye it.
I like the face they give you a choice of potatoes, hash browns, country potatoes and one other I can't remember,
My brother hade the choice of Esau's or Cajun Kitchen and he said he preferred the cajun kitchen, we weren't disapointed.

• Visited May 2012