Sandyland Reef Inn
$144
$136
HIExpress.com
Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn(Carpinteria)(Great Value!)
$135
$131
Agoda.com
$66
$66
  • Pool
Montecito Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Breakfast included
$170
  • Pool
Inn At East Beach(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Breakfast included
$116
Motel 6
$159
All reviewsremodeled bathroomhot tubshort drivesbmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014

PROS:
Really good rates considering how expensive hotels in the areas are
Off street parking
Friendly helpful staff
Very clean - it look slike a lot of furninshings had been recently replaced and the walls semmed freshly painted
The owner has gone to some trouble to provide a nice atmosphere with trellises and plants around the property
Excellent wifi coverage in the room

CONS:
The matress was a bit old and saggy
Only two thin, lump pillows for a king sized bed - and apparently there were no more to be had!
You need a car to stay here as it is about a 15 min drive outside Santa Barbara

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HTH_12
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Was driving past and needed a place to stay. Got a great rate. Room was very clean. I got stuck on the 2nd floor which was a drag as I had a ton of stuff to haul up, the room was nice nonetheless. Easy access to highway and just a few minutes from the beach which is a beautiful beach especially right at sunset when I showed up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Deanne A
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I made a reservation thru Sandy land Reef Inn in Carpenteria, Ca. Had to cancel and was told I had made reservations thru Expedia. My card was charged the full amount. I called Sandyland and all they did was to argue with me and tell me I had gone thru expedia. I did not. I talked to a woman who told me she was the manager (Its actually a man, his picture is on their web site) and and then to a man who told me he was the manager. I told the manager that I had talked to Expedia and that the confirmation number I was given was by Sandy .land and not Expedias The have itineraries that start with numbers, mine was letters. The manager argued and yelled at me, told me he didnt have to take this and hung up on me. My impression is there is something underhanded and seedy going on at this hotel and do yourselves a favor and steer clear!!!! All I wanted to do was cancel the date with the hotel. You'd think it would be easy right?

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I wish I could leave zero or negative stars. It was move-in weekend at UCSB and all the affordable hotels in Santa Barbara were booked a week in advance, so I booked a room at the Sandyland Reef Inn for $119 plus taxes/fees. The reservationist told me to call if we were going to arrive after 8:00 PM. I made a note to remind myself to call because I knew we would be arriving late when I made this reservation. I called at 5:00 PM to let them know I wouldn't be arriving until around 9:30 or 10:00 and the VERY RUDE "customer service" representative informed me that he couldn't hold my room past 8:00. I had a van filled to the top with all my daughter's belongings, a very anxious 17 year old, and every hotel within 40 miles was already booked. I begged with him to charge my credit card. He said he couldn't charge my card unless I was there to sign ... if this is true, why did they take my credit card information in the first place? I explained to him that his booking agent made a mistake by telling me late arrival simply requires a phone call. I told him we would skip dinner and make it there before 9:00. He absolutely refused to accomodate us under any circumstances. I think he realized he could get a higher price for my room because the rooms in the area were in such high demand from the overflow of UCSB parents. In all my years of travel, this is the first time I have found it necessary to leave a negative review

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle I
Reviewed September 2, 2013

On a road trip with my boyfriend; we needed something low cost and comfortable. The reviews weren't tragic so we gave it a go. We're happy with our choice. It's the most affordable place in the area. The other hotels/motels are $25+ at this moment. Decent wifi connection, older tv, remodeled bathroom, very used pillows. We were happily surprised by the presence of a small fridge. There's a microwave and coffee maker in the front office.

The room is kind of dingy... The carpet is old and musty. The mattress is decent but the pillows are awful. Very used, very old pillows. We ended up asking for two more pillows and an extra blanket. The blanket is full of holes which kind of makes me laugh. Also, under the sheet that covers the mattress are hairs. Oh well, overall we're happy with the Sandyland Reef Inn. 3 stars due to the fridge and the updated bathroom. Otherwise I would have given 2.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple