“One of the Best Best Wertern's I've ever stayed in”

Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
travlagt
“One of the Best Best Wertern's I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I just read the review Worst hotel ever. We must have been in two different hotels. We stayed 3 nights. It was one of the cleanest hotels I have been in for along time. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I walked to the beach every morning - it was wonderful. It took me about 10 minutes to walk to downtown Carpinteria and another 10 minutes to the beach. I did not feel threatened or uncomfortable as a single woman. I am a Travel agent and read reviews all of the time for my clients. I dismiss reviews like the one I just read and the gushy reviews that have everything good. If I had one complaint the pool was very small but who needs a pool when you have the beautiful beach. All in all I loved it

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Absolutely, positively the worst nightmare in my 52 years on earth. Not one aspect of this one evening was believable. Before we booked this ‘$74.00 a night’ hotel, we asked how far it was from the beach. They said it was a “4 or 5 minute walk.” It was in fact a 35 minute walk through drug dealers, homeless people and addicts smoking crack under a train track. We were scared to death. We never made it to the beach and ran back to the hotel scared for our lives.

And as for the hotel itself, it was the WORST hotel I have ever attempted to sleep in. The pool was the size of a Jacuzzi and the Jacuzzi could barely hold two people. The beds were uncomfortable and the noise kept us awake all night…and not just because of the Interstate a few feet away…the sound of the loud parties in the adjacent rooms, which went on until 2:00am, was deafening…and this was on a WEEKNIGHT!!

We tried to complain, but the staff couldn’t care less. In fact, they appeared to be just as drunk or high as the loud partiers. The staff was so rude…they did everything but pull a gun on us. We have never been so terribly frightened in our lives.

The on-line advertisement was misleading to say the least…it appeared for all the world to be a luxury hotel…WRONG!! Don’t be mislead; the place was a nightmare! And to make matters worse, they ended up charging us nearly $200.00 for one night! We spent the last two days of our vacation filing charges against this hotel at both the local bank in Carpinteria and at our own bank back home. We were forced to cut our vacation short and my wife was in tears. At one point, we were actually screamed at by the hotel staff, who were the most awful group of people we have ever dealt with, professionally or otherwise. For the few staff members that actually spoke coherent English, they were terse, mean and intimidating.

It was the most unfriendly place on earth.

Best Western? No, Worst Western. Do not even consider staying here; you’ll regret it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeverAgain07
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We had stayed 4 days at the Biltmore Four Seasons in Santa Barbara on business and were meeting family in Carpinteria after that. We expected a big let down, but were pleasantly surprised. Now it is definitely NOT the Biltmore. However, we found it quiet, relaxing, with wonderful courtyard patios and pleasant, helpful staff. We ate breakfast everyday at the restaurant and it was fine. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
SoCal
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We've stayed here before and had the same experience.... great! This time my husband & I took our Mom along and she loved it as well. The hotel and rooms were clean, everything worked properly (even the wifi), the staff was very accomodating/helpful/friendly and the grounds were kept up nicely. I would suggest you ask for a courtyard room though as we've never stayed in a room facing the highway - that might get a bit noisey. The courtyard is gorgeous and it's very relaxing to sit on the balcony or patio viewing it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sandyza
Carpinteria, Ca
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My sister and I stayed here for 3 days while I looked for housing in the area. We had originally reserved a room in another hotel, but were unhappy with our room there (first floor, sliding windows with broken locks). We arrived at this hotel without reservations and were very happy with the room and the staff. The beds were comfortable, the room was quiet and the water pressure was great! I used their computer in the lobby during the housing hunt without difficulty. I thought the courtyard was charming. The manager was wonderful in honoring the room rate quoted at the other hotel (same chain), even though the quoted price on check-in was higher! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 6, 2010

This is a very nice hotel. It is close to the beach (within walking distance) and a little neighborhood shopping district. There is a bus that runs to Santa Barbara but it comes like once an hour, so if you want to hang out in Santa Barbara you will need a cab. Problem is- the cabs come from SB and charge you for driving to Carpenteria. So, before you even get in the cab, you have a fare! Its ridiculous. Rent a car (but then you cant go out and drink in SB)- Cabfare to SB airport was $90!!!!!!!! While SB hotels are much mroe expensive, if you want to be in SB, pay the extra money because it will cost you more by the time you pay for cabs or cars/gas.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
victoria
Reviewed March 4, 2010

west coast laid back best western. make sure you get a room facing the court yard otherwise it's highway noise all night. cheap and easy. business not pleasure. lots of biz types around or people staying for business or school. not a touristy crowd at all.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
bwcarpinn, Asst. Manager at Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2010

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with an Upgarded Room during your next stay.

When calling to make your reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Elizabeth Noriega
Asst.Manager
805-684-0473
Best Western Carpinteria Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
The Wayfarer
The Wayfarer
#16 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South

Been to Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!