“Good deal”

Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very clean hotel in an extraordinary building and with very good location near 101 freeeway.
Rooms are very spacious and clean. Very friendly staff. I can hardly find anything that is wrong with this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HillaryTour
bwcarpinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Hilary,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 805-684-0473.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This property is located near the 101 freeway and convenient to the downtown of Carpenteria. It is a beautiful mission style building with a pretty inner courtyard. The staff is very helpful. Carpenteria is a pretty beach town with good restaurants and lots of amenities. If you are visiting the Santa Barbara area, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Mr. Bill,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The BWP in Carpinteria is simply a great deal. Only a few more minutes down the 101 from Santa Barbara (which is a plus if you're heading farther south), the hotel is much less expensive than anything in SB. Our room was very spacious, on the outside of the building (which we feared would mean freeway noise all night, but wasn't a problem), clean with good (not great) linens ( this isn't the Four Seasons after all). After a quick dinner in "downtown" Carpinteria, we sat in the wonderful court yard and had a drink. The interior rooms open to the court yard, so those are probably more desirable rooms, but then again, who wants people sitting right outside their door. Only minus is that I looked at the spa while considering a soak and it looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a few days (just the normal dirt on the bottom), but enough to turn me off the idea.

Room Tip: Interior rooms and exterior rooms toward the front of the hotel probably quieter, as freeway runs al...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
bwcarpinn, Manager at Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is good. It had excellent front desk service, excellent location, lovely courtyard and very standard rooms. It is not a fancy hotel but is very doable for a few nights - you can't beat its walk to town and to beach (10 minutes. )
Nothing screams I love this place - but you will love the town it's in. Value is very good

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Really charming Hotel with very courteous and helpful staff. I had a special request regarding my Disabled son, this was no problem for front of house Member Peter Gaibbin who did a great job. Our room was on ground floor looking out on to the fabulous courtyard, absolutely stunning sat there at night glass of wine in hand. Really pleased with our stay at this great hotel, Great location in a really nice Town with a Stunning Beach just a stones throw away, well, very short drive in car. Stayed in Santa Barbara on many Occasions but from now on this Hotel will always be our Preferred choice when in the area. We had meals in the restaurant, price wise very comparable to outside venues, of which there are many. We had a great time and thanks to all who contributed. DIOLCH from the Skwarczek family (Taff A-Z )

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Beautiful courtyard and nice balcony access from the room. Beds were comfortable. A couple of things they could improve without having to remodel. 1. Change the shower heads. It felt like I was getting shot by little pellets. 2. Upgrade the air conditioner. Although you may not need it we did and unfortunately it made my daughter sick. 3 provide breakfast. We stayed at 3 best westerns and a non best western on our CA coast trip and this was the only one that didn't provide breakfast. The staff was nice but you will have to deal with the fact that this is an older hotel. With that said you will hear people upstairs and noise in the hall way very clearly as well as creaky floors. For me and my family I really didn't feel it was worth what we paid considering we stayed in nicer areas for around the same price and got more amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms. Torrezee,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 805-684-0473.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place was clean and the staff very helpful. I required early check-in, which is usually a problem but not here. The reception clerk's only question was did I want a courtyard or city view. I liked that! The elevator was steps from the front desk and the third floor restaurant. A few blocks from the ocean, it also offers immediate access to the freeway. Quiet neighborhood with wonderful local restaurants. I found it a bit unusual that the pool and jacuzzi were in separate parts of the property. Maybe the later was an afterthought. There's an ATM in the small but adequate lobby area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Nyqwil,

BEST WESTERN PLUS Carpinteria Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
#41 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!