“I would definitely stay here again”

Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Although it is not beachfront. it is certainly within walking distance. The worst part of the hotel is its' location. It is surrounded on three sides by either the 101 or the entrance/exit ramps. that being said, the traffic noise was not that bad unless you were on the freeway side. The hotel itself is very nice looking from the outside and does not disappoint on the inside. The lobby is very nice and the open courtyard is absolutely beautiful with its' water fountain and all the foliage. We did notice that they were always cleaning and primping the whole time we were there, so everything always looked like it was in tip top shape. I can actually comment on three different rooms during our stay. First of all, our check-in and check-out were fantastic. The staff (all male, all well dressed) was very attentive and accommodating. Our first room was on the first floor, two queens. The beds were very firm but surprisingly comfortable. The shower pressure was great, as was the shower head. The a/c unit in this one was older and noisier than the other room, but the room itself was a good size and very clean. The ground floor is really nice because it has a patio with two chairs for you to sit out and socialize. It also lets you out to the parking lot (not the greatest ambiance). But very safe. The French doors lock soundly. However, we had very heavy footsteps and a very squeeky ceiling so we asked to be moved the next morning. The were also very accommodating with this request, although we never did get a courtyard room which I think are the best. We were given a room on the third floor which is where the restaurant is. It was never a problem since we never saw many people there. Our second room was a king with a kind of communal balcony, but better ambiance, and would be perfect if you were rooming next to someone you knew. This bed was totally different - it was a pillow top and very comfortable. The really nice part of this room is that no one except the pigeons were above us. This room had a beamed cathedral ceiling and for what it is worth, was much "prettier". The a/c unit was also newer and was a digital unit which allowed us to set our temperature. The bathroom was not tiled as nicely as room #1, but this room was also very, very clean. Which bring me to room #3. Since our room was not ready when we tried to check in, we tried to find staff to clean it. I then had the opportunity to go into one of the suites on my hunt. Wrong staffer, but if you want to spring for the suite, go for it. The bedroom was separate and very spacious. The living room and kitchen were adjacent and were very, very spacious. I could definitely be comfortable there for a week. Again this room appeared very clean. I think their staff does an excellent job keeping the rooms and the grounds in excellent shape. Our room did not include breakfast, that is an upcharge and not worth the charge. We ate at the restaurant during our stay because i don't do mornings well and was not about to walk anyplace. Their menu was quite extensive and very well priced. We had the two eggs and sides for $6.95 - a bargain. Coffee was only $1.95. Another day, I had pancakes; another day I had the french Toast and fruit. All the meals were well cooked, well presented and hot. A tablemate had the breakfast burrito and it was huge as far as I was concerned. Most breakfasts seemed to be in the $9 range. I do not know what comes with she upcharge breakfast, but these breakfasts were fresh and good, and the service was very good. They do have a pool, but I would not stay there for the pool. It is almost an afterthought. if I were in the mood for a hotel in Carpinteria, I think this hotel would do it for me. Also, the location is excellent for Linden Street, the beaches, and Santa Barbara, and there is an excellent Mexican restaurant across the street. There are also great restaurants on and around Linden Street. However, the only caveat is that since this is a beach community, and they are a nice hotel, you are paying for it. That said, I would still go back.

Room Tip: Avoid the freeway rooms. The third floor rooms are nicer in architecture.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I came for a family wedding that the bride's mother had arranged for a block of rooms for all the out-of-towners (almost everyone). It's the only decent place to stay in Carpinteria so they understand "price and demand" - many times while sitting in the lobby waiting for others to arrive we overheard the clerks answering the phones (always "sorry, but we're booked solid"). Even though we booked our room (courtyard) months in advance and spoke several times with three different clerks they still didn't have us down in their computer as getting a courtyard room (although we had it on our reservation we printed out). But, they did the right thing (courtyard room without its surcharge).

Room Tip: Make sure to print out your reservation before arrival. The courtyard rooms are desirable.
1  Thank chas57
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We're local residents of Carpinteria, who stayed here one night. I wouldn't stay here again. The price per night for a room was too expensive for what you get. The beds and pillows were uncomfortable. Our room decor was dated and needed remodeling. The walls are paper thin. We heard the people in the room above us walking around all night along with their toilet flushing. Plus it was easy to hear people talking in the hallway as they past your room + room doors slamming. The worst noise was that of the cars driving on the 101 Freeway all night long. So, we hardly slept a wink during our stay.

Also, this hotel isn't within walking distance of much except Carl's Junior. This hotel is away from the tourist area of Linden Avenue with its quaint retail shops and restaurants. If you're vacationing with the town of Carpinteria, you might want to consider staying closer to Linden Avenue and the beach and then can pretty much walk everywhere within Carpinteria.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room away from the 101 Freeway Noise!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaandRod93013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Disturbing odors and the mattress was old and lumpy feeling. Hotel looked good from the outside felt bad on the inside. Restaurant was good. Hotel staff had limited knowledge of area, even hotel manager was not helpful and had a noncaring attitude.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis L
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel, and ended up in a room on the groundfloor, near a noisy door that opened all night next to the freeway. as we were only staying 1 night we didn't really care, but would have asked to be moved if longer. the pool area looked fine but small.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Over all stay very good .We stayed there last year and we will probably stay there again next year. One added comment, I asked the staff to credit my account for my stay, they said I would have to do it my self ! I have never had to call any one in the past to get credit for my account. They did not give me credit for last years stay. so I guess I'm out for last year.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The old Carpinteria Inn in Carpinteria is lovely. The bath tub spigot was very hard to turn on and I found a wad of gum stuck to the bedside table. But otherwise it was perfect. I see from above that I should write more.lt was particularly refreshing to find the desk gentlemen dressed as gentlemen!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
#41 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!