“Weekend Getaway”

Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is one of the nicest Best Western Plus hotels we have ever seen in our
travels. The garden courtyard with it's fountain is beautiful. Our king room had
French doors opening on to an inner patio. Small but very comfortable and
clean room. Modern decor. The location was perfect for all our activities.
A 5 minute drive to orchid greenhouses, 15 minutes to downtown Santa Barbara.
Carpinteria is charming. Beautiful beaches. Definitely will return to the area
and this hotel.

2  Thank ChristopherF239

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel has nice spaces to relax in if the weather is warm. Some rooms have balconies (see photos) overlooking a nice courtyard. Ground level rooms have a small "patio" with two outdoor chairs and a gate to the parking lot so you can access parking directly without going around the hallway to the exit door. Convenient! If the weather is nice you could just sit and hang out on your mini-patio.
Wifi worked fine. I don't think my discount priced room had a refrigerator. The Guest Laundry machines were modern.
There are few eating options late at night. You will have to drive 9 miles or so to Santa Barbara if you want a meal after 9PM or so.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phoenixdude1000
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were on a spontaneous get a way and couldnt find a hotel with a reasonable rate in SB so we drove into Carpenteria and found Best Western Plus.The rooms are great,the staff was great and extremely informative.Restaurants we visited: Palms,Island Brewery Company, Starbucks inside of VONs great customer service.To the clerk in Vons"Yes it does feel like Mayberry! This was very exciting.We will be back!!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a lovely hotel both inside and out. Beautifully landscaped, wonderful courtyard, ample parking and well situated to explore the coastline. My room #254, was a generous size with a large mirrored closet, clean bathroom with lots of counter space, a large desk and mini-fridge. The bed linens were fresh and crisp. The bed was also quite comfortable. I got a really good night's sleep. I marveled at the wonderful water pressure and tons of hot water the next morning.

I didn't have high expectations visiting the Inn. My experience with the chain has been spotty. I must say this particular Inn was a hit. If I had to make a suggestion, I would say reserve an inside courtyard view room. My room was on an outside corner and I had a bit of traffic noise at night and lots of clomping down the outside stairs the following morning (no sleeping in for sure).

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

It's a nice hotel, but this time wasn't good. Saturday night we went to bed in a room with a balcony that is shared by several other rooms. We were awakened by a party out on the balcony 2 doors down from us that sounded like it was right outside of our balcony door. BTW, this was at 1:20am. I called the front desk and complained and they said they would stop it. When nothing had been done, I called back at 1:42am and finally around 10 minutes later, the noise stopped. I fault the dumb jerks in that room for making the noise. I fault the hotel for not getting it stopped on the first phone call.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was very nice from the first impression as I exited my vehicle. The design, well lighted entry and ease of entry with bags in my hands were a plus. All of the employees were uplifting and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
#41 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!