“Nice hotel inept check in”

Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The rooms and grounds are very nice. Check in was troubling. I had three king rooms reserved. After dragging three families, bags, and a baby to the second floor one of the three rooms was ready. Two had not been touched by housekeeping. Not that it mattered at this point but the requested baby bed was not there.

Our new room were queen beds instead. This is called a best western plus. Plus more money minus breakfast. We are diamond members. This is the first BW I have stayed at that did not offer complementary breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank SH1304

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is very pleasant, lovely grounds, walking distance to the beach and close to restaurants. An affordable alternative to the expensive and rarefied options in Santa Barbara. Service was great, very accessible to highway and a pleasant surprise all round. I would definitely stay here again. Also everything was clean. Concierge/front desk staff went above and beyond.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms would be great choice, but I was on the first floor and quite comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank calwashore
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here en route from vacation because they touted themselves as ADA-friendly; I travel with a small 4-pound service dog. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

When I tried to check-in, David at the front desk was rude and nasty and indicated my "disability" was not covered by the hotel's "service animal policy"...nonsense on that. The Manager, Elizabeth, refused to come out of her office.

Will never stay here and now my complaint is at the CA Attorney General's Office.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Albert S
bwcarpinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Albert S,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

We strive to make every guest experience an enjoyable one. I know we have communicated through Best Western, but please contact us anytime if you have any further questions, concerns, or to revisit our hotel.

Regards,

Esmeralda Zermeno

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The grounds were impeccable, especially the courtyard. We had a lovely room on the second floor overlooking the courtyard, and though the hotel is situated right off the freeway we never heard the traffic. Staff was pleasant and professional. We were so pleased with this hotel we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hartes62012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay here often when in Carpinteria and have noticed that there has been some loss of attention to detail. Although the staff is excellent and keeps the room clean, I have been encountering two problems: staying on the top floor means waiting a long time for hot water in the sink and getting the shower controls to cooperate is difficult. You have to be strong to pull out the handle and then the shower head doesn't give you much play to adjust the spray. If I were to stay for a night or two I would definitely check both of these items out before accepting a room there.

Room Tip: Stay on the inside away from the freeway traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very charming, and clean. We requested a courtyard room on the third floor, as was advised by previous reviews. We were given a second floor courtyard room, instead, as there was a wedding party there, and there were no vacancies on the third floor...did not make a difference, though. It was still very quiet, and we shared a balcony with the adjacent room. The restaurant/bar on the third floor was also nice, and very quiet. The only thing that I had an issue with was that the toilet did not work well...(we had to request a plunger, which was promptly brought to our room), and the television channels. I was expecting at least a premium station; however, the room provided basic cable only, without a television lineup to serve as a guide. Still, our stay was very comfortable, and I would definitely come out again. The customer service was very good, also. I'd definitely recommend checking this Inn out. Very nice.

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard room, on the 2nd or 3rd floor...state that you want to be as far away from the fr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I spent a night here,15 minutes south of Santa Barbara. We drove up to see a pretty Spanish style hotel with lots of flowers. They would not let us check in early so went to Santa Barbara to look around.Our room was slightly small but very nice, great bed, etc. Quiet and comfortable. We had a refrigerator, safe,& flatscreen tv. Nice bathroom. But the best of it was that we were right off the inside courtyard and had our own patio. The garden courtyard is breathtaking with palm trees, beautiful flowers and plantings, and a gorgeous Spanish fountain, that turns colors at night. Be SURE to ask for a courtyard room if you stay here. We really enjoyed the stay. We had breakfast in their upstairs restaurant. Tho it is not included in the price, the food was like homemade, a fair price, and a nice view of the courtyard. There was also a bar for the evenings and happy hour.
It was a 5 minute drive to the beach, abandoned in September.
We think it's a super place to stay, and avoid the sky high hotel prices in Santa Barbara. The garden was so pretty that I would love to come back for a few days.I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel backs up to the highway, so choose a room that is not next to it. The rooms off the cour...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
Inn At East Beach
Inn At East Beach
#32 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!