“NEVER again!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
La Habra, California
“NEVER again!”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The location of your room is everything! If I had paid more, and stayed on the top floor, overlooking the beautiful courtyard, I may have had a better experience. But, no, I was stuck on the hellish first floor. That's what I get for thinking, "I'll take the least expensive room, since it's only a one night's stay." I chose this hotel based on this hotel's reputation for a clean, efficient hotel. I wasn't expecting much, but this "hotel" was more like a "motel." Actually, I have stayed in better "motels." You can hear every laugh, cough, shower and flushed toilet. Not to mention every footstep above you (the people upstairs sounded like they were practicing for a marching band all night). I asked to be changed to a quieter room, but the staff informed me that would cost more money. Is that their ploy? Put "cheap" guests on the ridiculously noisy first floor, knowing that they will call and complain? Then offer them a quiet room "for an additional charge?" Wow! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RachJim
bwcarpinn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Rach Jim

I appreciate that you took the time to bring this matter to our attention, I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations/attention/service and consideration we strive for with our entire guest. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our Front Desk Manager regarding the noise you experience.

I will like to have a chance to redeem ourselves. Should your travels bring you back to Carpinteria, Please contact me and I will handle your reservations personally.

Kindly
Liz Noriega

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Beautiful grounds, comfortable room. Well priced for the area.

• Stayed October 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Driving from Las Vegas through Los Angeles to Santa Monica, stopping to eat at Duke's in Malibu before driving up Pacific Coast Highway we stayed here. This hotel is very conveniently located right off the highway and affordable. It is an older hotel but the grounds and courtyard are very nicely kept and the room was clean. We planned on stopping in Santa Barbara and driving on to Solveng the next day. We stayed on the ground floor and could hear the people walking around in the room above us at night and in the morning but not to the extent to interfere with our sleep. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to turn in early or sleep late, get an upstairs room. This is a small hotel with only tw...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I can definitely recommend this hotel even we only stayed just one night.
I stayed with my father for one night in Carpinteria (just 15 minutes south of Santa Barbara). The place was clean. The beds were comfortable. The room was spacious so was the bathroom. Everything was working and in good shape.
We stayed on the second floor facing the parking lot. It was not that noisy.

Room Tip: request a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 9, 2011

For the most part, I agree with the positive reviews of this hotel. The front desk and waitstaffs are friendly. The rooms are unremarkable, except that the hotel does have a nice courtyard. The location allows for convenient access on and off the 101. Two warnings: the walls are thin and the housekeeping staff thinks nothing of vacuuming at 8am and yelling down the hall. Also, the hot water apparently wasn't adequate for all guests and showers were lukewarm.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank deorr
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We had about 8 rooms booked here since several people were in town for a wedding. The ease of getting to it right off the the freeway is the 1st plus. When we pulled into the lot we were pleasantly surprised at the look. As we entered the lobby the cleanliness continued. My group stayed for 5 days and the only issue we had was that when we left for the day and the maid came our keys didn't work anymore and had to take them up front and get new ones. Really a minor issue,everything else was so great it wasn't even worth complaining about. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room with a patio and loved it! Some room do not have patio's or balconies.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2011

As part of our honeymoon we drove down PCH and used the Best Western at Carpinteria as a stop off on our way to Huntington Beach. The location of the hotel is one of it's best features, it was extremely easy to get to from the freeway and there was ample parking. On checking in, the reception staff were very polite and the lobby area was tastefully decorated. We were given a room on the ground floor near to the 'spa'. The room itself was simple but the bathroom looked like it could do with a facelift.

I remember when we booked the hotel it offered a spa and pool, so on arrival I thought it would be good to check it out after the long 4 hour drive. The Spa was located next to our room and in a nutshell it was a star shaped jacuzzi that had a maximuim of 3 person capacity. I would describe it as more of a large puddle than a spa! The pool was not much bigger either to be honest.

The room we had was near to an exit door and was noisy. People who smoked stood just outside this door allowing for the smell of cigarettes to come through our air conditioning. The reception were informed of this and it was dealt with.

My advice is, if you are on a budget and need a place for a night it is ok but I will not stay at this hotel again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheButchers2011
bwcarpinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear TheButchers2011,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn.
I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will
accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
We at the INN appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again. If their is anything we can do please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Regards,

Esmeralda Zermeno
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Ramada Santa Barbara
Ramada Santa Barbara
#26 of 52 in Santa Barbara
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,018 reviews

Been to Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!