“Nice courtyard, average room.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Carpinteria Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Los Angeles
“Nice courtyard, average room.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We learned first hand that staying near the Santa Barbara area in the summer isn't cheap. The grounds were nice and the room was a tight fit for $199/night. Its a tiny room big enough for one queen bed and a bathroom. Our room was just a place to get dressed and crash for the night so we didn't do much exploring of the hotels grounds or restaurants. The view of the garden from our room was nice. We never even heard the freeway traffic from our room (it was opposite 101). What we did hear was the rhythmic squeaking of the bed above us in the morning and the chatting of our neighbors out on the adjoining balcony. The hotel is pretty noisy when your'e laying in bed and can hear all the walking around and running water from neighboring rooms. The bed was comfortable enough and i couldnt get the a/c to stay on. That might have been operator error. The free wifi worked fine and was a nice surprise. Overall this was an ok hotel room for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a gardenview room towards the front of the hotel to avoid noise from the 101.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pump150

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I spent one night at the Carpinteria Inn during our PCH road trip from San Diego to SF.

We had read about the noise from the 101 and requested a court yard facing room. To our surprise we received one on the top floor.

The room whilst dated was nice and cosy. The room was spacious and clean with two double beds. We had a balcony view to the courtyard shared with the neighbouring room. The TV was old but had a good selection of channels. Wireless internet was complimentary. A fridge was also available. The bathroom was spacious and clean although the shower head wasn't the best. The room was quiet and you didn't hear any noise from the 101.

We didn't use the gym but a small gym area with cardio and weight machines are available. The heated pool and spa, which we did use were nice.

There is also guest laundry facilities available on the 2nd floor.

We chose to eat at the local Italian restaurant. The meal was not nice and the service even worse. We did something we've never done before and left early without the having our main meal. We got some take out food and ate on the balcony at our room. Something we should have done in the first place and something we recommend to others.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

Room Tip: Request a court yard facing room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here for one night booked via Priceline. At check-in we were originally offered a room facing the 101 so I asked for a room facing the courtyard and they were able to give us # 108 on the ground floor. The room was smaller than average and only had a small window looking onto the covered patio behind the front desk so it was quite dark, but there wasn't any traffic noise so that was fine. What I didn't count on was the noise from above- I don't think that the guest upstairs was particularly loud but we could hear every step he/she took. Fortunately, he kept similar hours to us and went to bed before we did and didn't get up too early- ask for a room on the top floor if its available. The room had newer carpet and linens and the bed was reasonably comfortable. I wouldn't say that the room was renovated but it was comfortable for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
bwcarpinn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carpinteria Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear traveller-yyz

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologies regarding the noise issue you experience at the Inn. I’m happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a different room to eliminate any noise you were experiencing.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with TripAdvisor and for giving us the opportunity to better serve all of our guests.

Elizabeth Noriega
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Pros : I love the landscaping and lighting. Beds very comfortable . Restaurant had great breakfast foods. Location convenient to 101, Carpinteria shopping district & beach, santa barbara etc. - Drive to Ojai springs etc. Most staff very helpful. CONS: I have stayed here 3 times on business trips and this recent one was family trip. On 2 occasions I had left an item hanging in the closet ( once a sweater, and this time a $100.00 coat!) . Each time, I checked out by 10 am and called before 3pm ( before next guest check in) however the staff " could not find anyting in the room or lost and found" . I was 3 hours away by the time I realized and each time and had no recourse..so I feel the staff ( that is usually more than helpful and courteous) there are bad apples in the group. I recommend you take everything of value with you and don't even leave it in the room. Also WIFI hot spots - my pc could not find any hub. (walking aournd the hotel etc. Staff said somewhere 'here'.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

We wanted a hotel in Santa Barbara and instead got this on Priceline. Took us 20 minutes to drive back and forth every single time we wanted to go to the city.

Our room faced 101, which made for some awesome noise in the middle of the night and pretty much all day. Beds suck and it just felt dirty. The room smelled like mildew and cigarette smoke when we walked in. Definitely would not stay here again or recommend to friends!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank OceanLove3
Dear Oceanlove3,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn.

I’m sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our accommodations. All of our rooms at the Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn are non-smoking, Please be assured that I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the smell of our rooms. These conditions are not acceptable and we are working with our staff to make sure they do not happen again.

I hope that you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves. Should your travels bring you back to Carpinteria,. Please contact me and I will handle your reservations personally.

Elizabeth Noriega
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stood at this property , and I have to say its more than what I expected! Beautiful Courtyard Rooms, Older Property but in good condition. Restaurant on 3rd floor has good food and good prices..We will be going back in July. We have found our second home!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolK2001
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

This from the outside nicelooking hotel is 2 faced. Ok if you have an inner courtyard facing room and really horrible if you have a room facing the highway 101 which traffic keeps you awake all night. Oldfashioned rooms, very small for 2 beds, old furnatyre, dark. Alarm was not reset and went off early morning.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank dies01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carpinteria
Ramada Santa Barbara
Ramada Santa Barbara
#24 of 51 in Santa Barbara
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,993 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carpinteria Inn? Share your experiences!