“Unprofessional receptionist ruined experience”

Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
Dallas, Texas
“Unprofessional receptionist ruined experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Have you ever had such unprofessional service that you can not even think past that experience?I am sure we all have, well this was one of those for me. The girl at the front desk acted as if I was a inconvenience for her. Unfortunately, anything that may have been a good experience with this hotel was overshadowed by my experience with her. I arrived for check-in early in the day and the owner said to return in about an hour and there was a good possibility that a room would be ready. Well, I returned an hour later and the unprofessional girl at the counter did not even check to see if a room was available, she just said check-in is at 3pm. I said I understand, but the owner had said to come back in an hour. She just stared off and repeated, we do not do check-in until 3pm. By the way, she was there when the owner told me to come back in an hour. I was tempted to cancel my reservation right then and go to the hotel next door, but I decided to keep my reservation and just write an honest review. Hopefully the owner will address this girl's un-professionalism, if not it will be his loss over time. One last note, there were stains all over the comforters and towels as well. Anyways, just wanted to let others know what they possibly might encounter if they stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Contact a different hotel ;-)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank StrainTheBrain
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear StrainTheBrain,

We apologize for the hospitality issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Gilroy, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was a very spartan stay. Not much in the way of amenities, but that was a plus! No carpets and no upholstered furniture means no carpet smells, no terrible perfumes to cover the usual musty room smell. The room smelled like fresh air! All surfaces a easily cleaned. I don't know if the mop the floor, but it seemed clean. And, all the fixtures worked. The beds are good mattresses on a slab of wood. Good for my back. Room under the beds to store things. No chest of drawers. Good value. We would definitely do this again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jpenkethman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked last minute for President's Day weekend and we were excited about the price. Check in was easy, room was clean and as expected. I read the reviews and followed suit by bringing our own pillows and comfy blankets. I wish I would have read the review about bringing your own towels...they were only slightly bigger than a hand towel and super thin! Bed was also very small and hard. The walls were so thin...the room next to us was partying and super loud into the very early morning hours. It wasn't until they busted out in a harmony of what sounded like a school alma mater at 2:30am that we finally called the front desk. He said that he would call them and ask them to quiet down. He never called, but when we called back 20 minutes later, we heard him knock on their door. A cockroach climbed out of the wall vent the next morning, but we were already packing up to get outta there! The hotel itself wasn't a tragedy, but if we ever find ourselves needing to stay again...earplugs and towels will definitely be on the list. And maybe some bug spray

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RTmama
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Pretty bare bones but served its purpose for 1 night of travel with a dog. Room was clean but air was stale. Based on the burn marks on the bathroom floor, the partially melted tv remote, and the presence of the ash tray (despite signs that said 'No Smoking'), I would guess the smell was due to the room having been smoked in previously. Heater worked quickly. Shower had plenty of hot water and high pressure. Bar soap provided at sink and tub but no shampoo. Only 2 pillows for 2 people; husband asked for an extra and he was told there were no more pillows. Room 139 is on the corner near Carpinteria Ave on the 1st floor and under the staircase. Noise from people on stairs, some traffic noise from the street but the fan provided good background noise. We traveled with our dog: there is a good-sized grassy area to the south of the hotel and sidewalk on the street for dog walks.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mollywaffles
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

One of the Best motels we've been in our California roadtrip. Renovated. You can't beat the price. Good value for money. The sta barbara area is kind of expensive so if you have a car, dpending rhw night here is a good option.
The room decor is simple but with a modern look. Clean, nice and for every budget. Will stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mbilbaop
Cordes Lakes, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I stayed here on a 2 week motorcycle trip. The check in was easy and quick. Being on a motorcycle meant that we need to do laundry every 3rd day. As we needed to do ours we were directed to the guest laundry which was clean, but the soap dispensers were both broken. I went to the office and they said they had informed the company that supplies them and were waiting for them to come out. One of the desk clerks, sorry I forgot his name, but he has a British accent went to his room and gave my wife enough laundry soap from his own so we could get ours washed. That kind of service demands respect. We would come back and stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Azriders
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed here three times but doubt I will return. This motel is conveniently located in Carp and near enough Santa Barbara. I like the simple utilitarian design of the rooms, with modern touches. However the beds are just ridiculously uncomfortable. The first two stays were somewhat manageable with only relative stiffness in my back in the morning. However this last time the mattress was so awful, I couldn't sleep a wink. The springs popped loudly every time I moved and jammed me in the back as punishment. So while I really want to like this motel, I just can't bring myself to return there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dalinka

Travelers are raving about these Carpinteria hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carpinteria
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carpinteria Inn
Pacific Crest Hotel Santa Barbara
Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Beach
Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Beach
#45 of 51 in Santa Barbara

Been to Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South? Share your experiences!