“Fantastic time”

Santa Barbara Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Private Surf Lessons in Santa Barbara and Carpinteria are our specialty. We feel the best way to maximize your time is to have a surf instructor solely devoted to you, your family or friends. This insures you will be getting the most hands on practice during your time in the water. Typically our Instructors can coach up to 5 students at a time. If you want to surf privately with a larger group we will add instructors as needed. Our proven method for teaching surf lessons is one that has come together through the combined knowledge of our veteran surfers throughout Santa Barbara and the feedback we get from our students. We have carefully studied the most important steps to becoming a successful surfer, and how to make the most of your time. Which is why we’re confident Santa Barbara Surfing School will have you surfing in no time. Included: Surf Boards, Wetsuits, Leashes and Instructor. Group size discounts applied at checkout.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Having never surfed before, we phoned Greg hoping for a short notice lesson. Two hours later we were in the water. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and Greg was a fantastic teacher. Very accommodating, knowledgable and a genuinely nice guy!

Thoroughly recommend and definitely something to do in Santa Barbara

Visited June 2013

Terrace Park, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I registered my boys 12 and 10 for a three hour surf camp with Greg. I was amazed how quickly they learned to surf!! They got up on their first try! My youngest wanted to surf again the next day, and Greg was gracious enough to rent a wet suit and board to us. Great experience all around. Thanks, Greg for making our vacation extra special.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learn surfing in two hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed for two days in Santa Barbara during our USA trip.
Though i did not think it would make a lot of sense taking surf lessons in such short period, Greg of the Santabarbarasurfschool organized a two hour surf lesson for me on the next day. I am very tall ( 202 cm) and 32 years old, so i expected that it would not be easy for me to stand on the board only once.
Believe it or not, Greg teached me how to surf in just two hours. And I had very much fun on the sunny beach!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank SeppMeyer
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun in the sun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Greg is an excellent instructor with many years of experience. He took his time to explain in detail what to do and why. Me and a friend had a great time on a beautiful beach south of Santa Barbara. It was a fun and safe way tho learn how to surf. Thank you Greg.

1 Thank Ari35
Raleigh, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great fun leaning to surf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

My 7 and 9 year old kids and I took lessons from Greg and Matt. They timed our lesson with the tide and took us to a beach with small waves that had long rides. It was a safe and fun way to learn. After a short ten minute lesson, Greg took us out into chest deep water and launched us into waves. After a few tries we were up and surfing. What a blast!! Everyone had a great time. It was the highlight of our trip to Santa Barbara.

1 Thank trusted-advice-1