“Always Good”

Gar Woods Grill & Pier Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gar Woods Grill & Pier Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front and Center
Transit: All local bus lines drop off and pick up in front of Gar Woods Grill & Pier
Description: Since 1988 Gar Woods Grill & Pier has been the premier North Lake Tahoe waterfront dining destination. Located in Carnelian Bay, our floor to ceiling windows, large deck and balconies provide breath-taking views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierras. Gar Woods Grill & Pier is an upscale casual restaurant that accommodates groups of 160 just as easily as groups of 2. Our Chef has created a menu highlighting California cuisine, hand cut steaks and fresh Pacific seafood, served in our fun in the sun atmosphere. The wine list is a collection of California's best-known vintners featuring more than a dozen wines by the glass. Enjoy Tahoe's warm summer days sitting on our waterfront deck while sipping on a world famous Wet Woody. With nearly two million sold you'll be in good company but come early to get a seat. When visiting during the ski season thaw out in front of our three story tall river rock fireplace with a Warm Woody or a Heavenly bottom. Lake Tahoe sunsets are our specialty.
sac. ca
“Always Good”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I took my wife to Garwoods, trying to impress her, on one of our first dates 28 years ago. It worked! Went back yesterday for the first time in a few years and it's still has an unbeatable location and view. For me the bigger difference was the food seemed better now. We went just at the end of the lunch rush, around 1:30, on Monday and had no problem getting a table. The patio, with best views during summer, is divided into a seat yourself section and a hostess seating section they both have exactly the same food, drinks and prices so opt for wherever you can get the first or best table. Our waitress was great, appearing at just the right moment every time we needed her. My wife had a Caesar salad with grilled salmon and I had the poke appetizer and fish tacos. All our food was excellent my wife said hers was the best ever had I especially liked the poke with wasabi cream sauce, ask for extra! Also enjoyed the Wet Woody, don't plan on driving if you have 2. I'd have to say its a bit pricey but the view makes it worth it. Overall still and always a great place, highly recommend!

• Korean first
Napa, California
“View - Priceless Food - Overpriced”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The view from the patio is amazing. I suggest lunch or appetizers. The food is overpriced and not very good. I ordered a steak salad, the meat was not tasty and the lettuce was soggy. My friend ordered the coconut shrimp and really enjoyed it. The wine is about $5 dollars marked up. So if you can bring your own bottle I would suggest it. Dinner for 2 was $103.
Worth the happy hour but not the dinner

naples
“Views Are To Die For! Huge Outdoor Patio Overlooking Lake”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Views, views, views, everywhere. This is a stunning restaurant with views of the lake. I loved the steamed clams appetizer served in the broth, it is fantastic. I dredged the bread into the bowl to soak up every bit of broth. This is a really good dish. I had the halibut special, not enough sauce, just ok. Ordered a Rita Margarita and it came as a tall ice tea glass full of sour mix. Paid for it but did not drink it. Waitress never asked why it was not enjoyed. The ice cream pie with the oreo cookie pie crust, WOW! Share it with someone, it's huge! Waitress says ice cream comes from a local dairy farm. I love that they supporting local farmers! Really good pie!

Phoenix, Arizona
“A keeper!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is great!
We go there every time we are at the Lake.
We like the view, food, drinks, service and being able to sit outside.
Highly recommend!

Abilene, Texas
“2 thumbs down 😐”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Maybe a few Wet Woodys would make the food/prices easier to swallow. Definitely skip the French Dip, the slider style burgers were better but very pricey. Great view- but food overpriced for quality you receive.