Unit #108 at Carnelian Woods
Date stayed: 3/3/17 - 4/6/17
Reason for stay: Family ski vacation (3 adults, 3 teenagers). Chose this place for the ability to wash clothes (in order to pack light), to soak in the hot tub after a day of skiing & be able to cook in for the family.
Pros: Good location to lake & mountain ski areas. Plenty of sleeping space.
• Old, uncomfortable beds (wires poking backs) & well used covers (don't know when those were last washed).
• Stained/Dirty carpets, especially the living room.
• Under furniture was not vacuumed (recent chemical treatment for pests left dead bugs along walls & under furniture that was not properly vacuumed).
• Unusable appliances because of breaking down due to age or just too old to work properly. (clothes washer & dish washer) (note that fridge & microwave were newer)
• Owner contents in every closet, cabinet and several dresser drawers.
• Bathroom cabinets loaded with opened/used personal care items including otc meds.
• Loft "TV" had no regular programming available, only DVD player (advertised at an extra place for kids to watch TV. Also, main TV programming selection was terrible.)
• No gas available for grill & no wood available to help heat condo. (advertised as usable)
• Noisy heating system buzzed/screeched & did not heat to comfortable level (topped at 65 degrees).
• Club house/hot tub unavailable after 4pm except for Friday/Saturday. (Different times than noted in advertisement)
Major upgrades/updates would make this a good place to stay. The community club house should not be advertised as a benefit for the winter months since it is closes so early.
NOTE: Vacasa was our booking company. They tried to help as best as they could and even offered a partial refund due to the condition of this unit. I truly hope they require updates or do not offer rentals at this location. This review is not a reflection of Vacasa, but a reflection of the condo & the community club house.