“Consistent Excellence”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Our go-to place in the Village. Relax on the patio when the weather is good (most of the time) or tuck into the cozy stone and fireplace dining room. It's easy to pretend you're in the Lorraine here. Great wine selection, well-priced dishes, warm staff.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delightful meal with excellent service. The server was attentive yet allowed us lots of time to chat and linger. We sat inside in a section where the walls are rock-lined and open to the kitchen. It is a lively yet intimate atmosphere. There are several tables in the garden patio with space heaters. There were several large parties enjoying themselves. And the outside would be perfect for lunch or early dinner on one of the many sunny CV days.

I had the Escargot as an appetizer. The escargot were plump and dripping in a tasty garlic butter. The toasts were lightly grilled. Then on to the Baked Half Chicken. The seasoning is perfect and accompanied with crispy artichokes, Ratatouille, potatoes au gratin and kalamata olives. The mixture of taste and texture were perfect. I'm not a wine expert however I found the extensive wine list very impressive.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We were there the last Sunday of Car week. It is probably 20 to 25 mins from Carmel by the sea. So worth going!!!!! We got there around 800 pm on a Sunday night. It was still busy. We did not have reservations but they sat us within 10 min. The wine is excellent and from the area vineyards. Fun to try some wines I had never tasted before.I got the riggottoni and ate the whole thing. My boyyfriend was teasing me because I never eat a whole plate. Great food. I had trouble deciding what I wanted to eatt. A friend had the pork medallions and they were wonderful.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

My two dinner companions and I visited "Cafe Rustica" for coffee and dessert. I selected one of their a bread pudding specials for the day, while one of my companions tried the butterscotch pudding, and the other chose an apple pastry (whose name I have forgotten). My friend described her butterscotch pudding as "lovely." It was presented with a generous topping of fresh whipped cream and candied walnuts. The bread in my bread pudding was very airy and light, but I found the caramel sauce a little too sweet for my liking. I confess that my favorite bread pudding is one topped a whisky sauce. My other companion was very pleased with her apple pastry selection. She is a local and said that Cafe Rustica is her favorite restaurant for desserts.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Comfortable outdoor seating. Tomato basil soup was excellent and beet salad over bib lettuce was very tasty. Wife had red leaf salad with pears which was also very good. Pretty far out in the valley from Carmel by the Sea but a nice change of pace when Carmel is fogged in-warm and sunny. Good service Reasonable prices.