“Dessert and Coffee at Cafe Rustica”
Review of Cafe Rustica

Cafe Rustica
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2016

My two dinner companions and I visited "Cafe Rustica" for coffee and dessert. I selected one of their a bread pudding specials for the day, while one of my companions tried the butterscotch pudding, and the other chose an apple pastry (whose name I have forgotten). My friend described her butterscotch pudding as "lovely." It was presented with a generous topping of fresh whipped cream and candied walnuts. The bread in my bread pudding was very airy and light, but I found the caramel sauce a little too sweet for my liking. I confess that my favorite bread pudding is one topped a whisky sauce. My other companion was very pleased with her apple pastry selection. She is a local and said that Cafe Rustica is her favorite restaurant for desserts.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Comfortable outdoor seating. Tomato basil soup was excellent and beet salad over bib lettuce was very tasty. Wife had red leaf salad with pears which was also very good. Pretty far out in the valley from Carmel by the Sea but a nice change of pace when Carmel is fogged in-warm and sunny. Good service Reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

The Pizzas are so delicious, light and thin and very tasty. the salads are very creative and the service is excellent. Can't wait to return.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Fair people, good dishes and cool stuff. I visited cafe rustica last march and I thought that's a good restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed August 19, 2016

This place is great for lunch and dinner. Everything is prepared from scratch from fresh (mostly local) ingredients. Pasta is well made and delicious. Home made bread is great and the pizza is always great. The staff is helpful and friendly and the ambiance is rustic and original.