“Charming, and tasty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Rustica

Cafe Rustica
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southern California
“Charming, and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We came in here on a Saturday just before lunch without a reservation on July 4th weekend. We were seated right away at a quaint two person table to the side of the building on the patio (veranda). I had the egg salad sandwich with salmon and my husband had the special sandwich and we both loved our meal. It was a great hearty meal to start our afternoon wine tasting. The staff were friendly and a little scarce, but that worked to our benefit as we were able to have a leisurely meal on a beautiful day. We would definitely come back next time we were in the area.

Watsonville, California
“Patio dining * great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Ate here on a Sunday night 4th of July weekend. Made reservation as we were walking around village as 2 wineries said it was their favorite spot. I listen to the locals! Sat in patio -nice evening.
Service was excellent. Had eggplant pasta which was terrific. Rich flavors & large serving. Friends seafood special (halibut) was tasty to.
$20.00 corkage fee- standard- as we brought a nice pinot from home to enjoy, so didn't look at wine menu.
Lemon dessert was split 3 ways & was large enough for us all to enjoy- delicious.
I would def go back. Maybe recent reviews had a bad night.

Dublin, Ireland
“European environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We managed to get a table without a reservation and felt pretty lucky on the 4th of July weekend. It is a charming place to sit (we were outside) and the menu was interesting.

We started with marinated olives, but they tasted salty and vinegary with a late in the day marination in oil. My Pasta Rustica was not as good as it could have been, probably too many ingredients fighting with each other and a bit sharp flavour. My Sweetie's shrimp were good but he says, not special. They had a good wine list, though pricey by the glass.

I guess we felt lucky to get a real meal on the evening it was in such a charming place but the food was not as good as it could have been. Service was pleasant. It promises more than it delivers.

• 2 of 5 stars
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Very popular local restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Good food well prepared, more on the vegan fresh healthy side than on the meat and potatoes side. Slightly more expensive than anticipated. Attentive and pleasant wait staff. Not fancy decor, but in tune with the local Village. It was obvious that there is a sizeable num,ber of repeat/regular customers. Suggest that a reservation be made, particularly on Saturday evenings.

• Visited May 2014
San Francisco, California
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Based on all the TripAdvisor Reviews, I dined here with a friend on a recent weekend. The food was good but not great. My friend ordered one of the specials and I must admit, it was tastier than what I ordered off the regular menu. The service was attentive, the decor is very countryside. But I just do not understand all the hype. There are so many wonderful places in Carmel Valley and Monterey. For the price, I would go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2014