“It needs a makeover” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Carmel, California
“It needs a makeover”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about our dining experience.

The Pros:

The food is delicious--clear broth, chicken pad thai, teriyaki chicken, cali rolls and salad.

The Cons:

There was only one server during our dinner for the entire place and we had to wait close to 10 minutes just to get water!

Their menu is not kid friendly

The coconut ice cream was the worse I ever had.

The place needs a dusting and makeover.

Bottom line, Service is as important to me as the Food--one does not work without the other.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Silvertiger

Carmel, California, United States
“Food is good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

If you are in the hankering for Thai Food it is good. The atmosphere is so so. The people are nice. The utensils,, now I know this is a small thing, but they aren't weighted right and are a constant annoyance?

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Susan B
Monterey, California
“Gotta check this place out. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This is not your usual stuffy CValley restaurant. It's a very family run style place. And it was the highlight of our staycation/anniversary/pre-delivery-of-our-baby celebration. We live 30 minutes away and stayed in a near-by B&B. It had been a while since I've had thai food. And though I am 8 months pregnant, I wasn't necessarily craving thai food. I saw their menu and figured that my husband would like duck since it's been a long time. We were not disappointed. I made reservations, which weren't necessary as the place was empty for a rainy Saturday evening. But the customers gradually trickled in.
We started with the shrimp roll ups which were simple, but the dip was rockin awesome. The vinagrette was also a hit with the mixed greens. Our entree was the duck which came with rice and salad, and of course we also had the pad thai. Let me tell you about the duck! The flavoring was just perfect, and meat itself was so tender. My husband enjoyed every bite. He, being the loving husband that he is, offered the last couple pieces for me. Being the 8 month pregnant woman who still wanted space for the rest of the meal, I insisted he eat the rest. He didn't argue.
We then topped the dinner off with the deep fried bananas and coconut ice cream drizzled with chocolate and some whipped cream. I would never consider mixing these food items. But this was bomb!
The hubby and I agree that we would make the trek out over the mountains to come back for the same exact thing. Maybe right before I pop our baby out...

Carmel, California
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I live in Carmel Valley for about eight years now, and always avoided this restaurants for unknown reasons. Maybe because I have not had good experiences before. Yesterday (Tuesday) we realized at 8PM, that we had no food at home and we were hungry. We drove to the village, but non of the places were open, that we liked. The small Thai Village was lit, so we stepped in.
It is a small but warm and inviting place. The lady with accent was kind and even though it was late, she told us she will cook for us.
My boyfriend is allergic to curry, but the menu had many items without curry. I ended up having the chicken noodle soup, that was full of fresh vegetables, white chicken meat and rice noodles. The broth was very rich of flavor, but not overly salty. A huge bowl of soup for $10. My boyfriend had the Thai BBQ chicken, that was crisp and tasty. It came with veggies and rice, plus salad, soup and coconut ice cream... all that for $15.

We loved it so much, will come back for sure .

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Monterey Bay
“Authentic Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Liked the food ere. Everything is prepared fresh and tastes like it should. The staff is friendly and eager to please. I noticed that the window by our table ad spider webs on it, a sign that the cleaning crew s not too thorough (another sign of authenticity). Good Thai fare at a fair price.

Visited July 2013