“Wonderful flavors-Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marinus At Bernardus Lodge - CLOSED

Marinus At Bernardus Lodge
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Laureles Grade
Solvang, California
“Wonderful flavors-Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had my birthday dinner at Marinus at the Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley. When making reservations they ask if it is for a special occasion, and I told them it was for my birthday. When we arrived, we were given menus and mine was a special birthday menu with my name on it. They give you the menu at the end of dinner along with a card singed by the staff. Nice touch. The food and service were absolutely wonderful. The beet salad was the best ever, according to my wife. I had the portobella mushroom soup with goat cheese and truffle oil. It was so thick and rich, absolutely delicious. My wife ordered turbot, delicate and beautifully presented and I had venison loin, prepared perfectly. One of the best dinners we’ve had. And like everywhere on the Bernardus property, the staff was amazing, so helpful, friendly and welcoming. It was a great evening.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Monterey, California
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ambience was great, food was delicious, and they had a huge selection of wine list. Portion of food should have been larger. My husband ordered scallops from entree menu and was served with 2 scallops.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Portland, Oregon
“Best special occasion meal we have had in quite sometime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

from the cocktail to the wine selection and finally the Black Truffle Risotto - over the top. Just exquisite.

Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
“Exceptional restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I did ordered the tasting menu. Everything was absolutely delicious. I wanted to lick the plates clean! The dessert was underwhelming. It was smaller than I imagined. I know after 5 courses of delicious food, guests might feel full. But I felt the chocolate buttermilk cake should have been larger.

Visited September 2013
“Fabulous place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Extraordinary food. While not cheap, it is a GREAT value. Would go back tomorrow. Fabulous wine list. Extraordinary presentation.

• Visited August 2013