“Great Restaurant”
Review of Marinus At Bernardus Lodge - CLOSED

Marinus At Bernardus Lodge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Laureles Grade
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ambience was great, food was delicious, and they had a huge selection of wine list. Portion of food should have been larger. My husband ordered scallops from entree menu and was served with 2 scallops.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

from the cocktail to the wine selection and finally the Black Truffle Risotto - over the top. Just exquisite.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I did ordered the tasting menu. Everything was absolutely delicious. I wanted to lick the plates clean! The dessert was underwhelming. It was smaller than I imagined. I know after 5 courses of delicious food, guests might feel full. But I felt the chocolate buttermilk cake should have been larger.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Extraordinary food. While not cheap, it is a GREAT value. Would go back tomorrow. Fabulous wine list. Extraordinary presentation.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On very short notice, we booked the Bernardus Lodge for one night and also made reservations at Marinus for the night we arrived. The time slots available were 6:00 pm and 8:30, so I chose the 6:00 time slot. We were seated immediately, and everything went very smoothly. We chose to do the chef’s tasting menu (with wine pairing for one person, which they let us split between the two of us). There was one dish on the menu which neither of us would be able to eat (personal preference, not an allergy issue) and the chef was gracious enough to make a substitution (which we both thought was one of the better dishes we ate that evening!) It was a lovely meal – the food was great, the service was exemplary, and I’d be very happy to have dinner there again.