“Epic!”

Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Carmel Valley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern Spanish cuisine. Organic ingredients including our own farmed produce. Sustainably raised meats. Seafood Watch fish and shellfish. We are open for Sunday Brunch from 10am, and Monday Night Dinner from 6pm
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Not sure how or why Michael Jones keeps producing his Monday night dinners, but the results are noteworthy. Our party of three had a pear salad, crab cake, and sole ceviche for appetizers...each was first rate. Our main courses were a double pork chop (Fred Flintstone size), Barney Rubble lamb shank, and filet of sole. I would put Mike's cooking up against anyone's on the Monterey Peninsula. Dessert was an Irish Whiskey chocolate cake with caramel drizzle and vanilla ice cream. Wowzer!!!

1  Thank hownowmonterey

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just went here in July for a friends birthday! Best dinner I have had in a long time. Everything was fabulous. Very rustic and only opened Monday night for dinner but fantastic fare.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

It had been awhile since we journeyed out to the Store...too long. Just another incredible meal to savor and reflect upon. We shared an appetizer of Pumpkin Squash Ableskivers on a bed of sautéed spinach, trumpet mushrooms, and a few other harmonious ingredients...delicious!
Main courses were wagyu flap steak and lamb shank, both prepared perfectly with complimentary sides...dessert was bread pudding with caramel and vanilla ice cream...
I do not know how or why Michael Jones continues to labor with such focus and passion to produce his Monday nite weekly food extravaganzas, but it is a treasure for our area. Michael and his dedicated cooking and serving crew continue to bedazzle every week at a fraction of the cost similar quality food would cost on the Peninsula...plus, not an ounce of pretense in the air, and great music to listen to while dining....thank you to all of you who work out at The Store.

1  Thank hownowmonterey
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a wonderful hidden gem in the mountains of Carmel Valley. My husband and I go every chance we get during the Summer. Check any pretentiousness at the door. This place has paper curtain, guitars and a pup or two to greet the guests! I had baby back ribs last Monday paired with a Morgan Pinot Noir. Outstanding! This Monday I believe I will start with the beet salad and follow it with a steak. Once again, I will get the Morgan wine because it was delicious! A 5 star restaurant indeed!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Don't want to reveal this hidden gem! This place is like a dream! Really...a country store in the middle of nowhere...with a gourmet Chef and crew that show up on Mondays and put on.."a moveable feast" that is beyond your wildest dreams! With two settings only..terser actions required! David and Pat bang out some serious music on the Congo Drums..and Amazing Guitar! The music alone is worth the drive! The drive is not for the faint of heart...but if you decide to make the track...Michael will not disappoint! The first time I ate there...I didn't even read the menu...when I saw the plate of Bone Marrow go by..that was it..I was in! The most Amazing thing you ever want to put in your mouth! The oysters...the beet salad...the deserts....I can't even begging to describe this crazy place where the dogs are welcome..the food is outta this world..and the music moves you to another's place and time!