“Toast is toast!”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carmel Valley Road
Description: Toast is a family owned bistro style cafe located in the heart of the Carmel Valley Village. We offer breakfast and lunch untill 2:30 and dinner from 5pm till 9pm. Closed on Wednesday and for Sunday dinner.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is gone, unfortunately. It was our Valley's greatest breakfast spot but it is no more. Too bad.

1  Thank jheyl

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Can eat inside and out. Excellent friendly knowledgable staff. Imaginative menu. Very broad wine list at reasonable prices. Dishes attractively served. The food was really good for all five of us.....including a toddler.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I understand Toast is closed, and that's too bad. We enjoyed our dinner there, though I suspect that part of that is due to the fact that my GF and I just love going places together. Menu is limited, but sometimes that is good [as another reviewer pointed out]. The food itself was good, but that may not be good enough for Carmel Valley. Service is friendly, but it's not very good. We brought our own wine, so I cannot speak to the wine list. The atmosphere is a little "too strip mall" for my tastes.

1  Thank Greg H
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place wasn't awful - but it wasn't good either. I went with a friend for breakfast on a weekend, and it was really just ok. I have no idea why the reviews on here are so high. Very limited menu, which is completely ok (and often preferable) if the menu items look good, which they didn't. When we got our food, it looked and tasted completely average. Neither of us came anywhere near finishing it. Ironically (and I don't hold this against them, just find it funny), no toast was served, offered or even on the menu at Toast.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a great breakfast at Toast in Carmel Valley. My wife had the prime rib and eggs which she loved and I had the chorizo omelette. The omelette was very good, but I should have remembered why I should not eat chorizo! Service was great and we sat on their outside patio. Enjoyable meal.