“Haven in the Carmel Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Laureles Lodge

Los Laureles Lodge
“Haven in the Carmel Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2006

My two teenage daughters and I stayed here the first two nights of our California road trip. The drive down Los Laureles grade from Salinas is fabulous!

I had debated whether to stay in the Valley or right in Carmel, and I'm glad we chose the Valley. It's about 15 minutes to Carmel, with its great shopping and restaurants, and lovely beach. Carmel Valley Village is charming too.

We liked our room very much - fairly simple, but very comfortable and charming. The pool area was very pleasant, with an active little bar and friendly staff.

We enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning, and the nice little calico cat.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NaMacD2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

I first stayed at the Lodge when I couldn't get accommodations elsewhere - I have been going back ever since. I once lived in the area and now I feel I have a second home in Carmel Valley. I appreciate the quiet, rustic setting of the old ranch buildings and the welcome I get from the staff with each visit makes me feel like family.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2005

We enjoyed our stay at the lodge. It feels like I am staying at my in-laws. Everybody is friendly and the service/food is good. I also enjoyed the bar - it is warm and cozy. A great place to wind down after a day touring Monterey, even the lemonade is wonderfull.

I will definitely bring my family back and would recommend the lodge to other families. It is a great value for your money!

BTW - There was a wedding on the weekend I stayed but I did not experience the same problems as the other reviewer. Everybody seemed to be enojying themselves - both the hotel guests and the wedding guests.

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank Coach_Bubba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2005

We recently stayed at the Los Laureles Lodge in Carmel Valley. It was a busy weekend, apparently they were in preparation for a large wedding---of which we were not part of. All the same---from checking in ( They even accomodated our unplanned early check in) the knowledgable woman at the desk made us feel like we were honored guests in her home. She gave us directions, ideas, maps and tips for our visit to Carmel Valley. On her suggestion we came back to the Lodge for an amazing dinner, Mario who runs the dining room was entertaining and gracious, along with his staff. Checking out, the same woman greeted us and wanted to hear about our stay, dinner, what we did. She made us feel as if we were longtime friends, and along with the continental breakfast and blazing fireplace, we do feel we have a new place to come "home' to!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

We spent two nights during Veteran's Day Weekend for $369.94. The Lodge assured us that we would have a quiet and relaxing stay. What they did not tell us was that there was a Hispanic wedding with live Mariachi band and 100 drunk guests. We were exhausted. When we tried to address these issues with the owners and the staff their response was less than satisfying. It was obvious they cater to events and not families. Please do not stay here!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2005

Clean, quaint lodging with pool, beautiful flower gardens, cabin-like lodging, fruit and muffins for breakfast.
Nice location in Carmel Valley within easy drive to wineries in the Highlands, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, Pt. Lobos.
Hostess was friendly and very well-informed, offering us insight on local hikes, daily activites, etc.
Check-in/check-out very fast and easy.
Would stay there again.

#5 of 25 in Carmel
Hidden Valley Inn
Hidden Valley Inn
#1 of 5 in Carmel Valley

Been to Los Laureles Lodge? Share your experiences!