All reviews granola bagels hot tub fire pit bagel bar nespresso machine cream cheeses wine hour boutique hotel outdoor fireplace tea bags enjoyed the complimentary breakfast lovely boutique drinking wine paso robles super comfortable bed mini bar
Reviewed September 2, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Carmel. Although it is a cute place, after we arrived home we saw charges on our credit card for $21.74. Since I paid for our room through travel site, at check in we were asked for a credit card in case there were incidentals. When I called to inquire of the unexpected charge I was first told it was for taxes, I said my original bill included taxes, I was then told the charge was an ammenties charge, to cover breakfast, evening wine reception, wifi in room and outside jacuzzi. All things that we were told were included with our stay.

4  Thank valhogwood
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I selected this hotel based on it's location as we wanted a spot within walking distance of restaurants and the ocean. As well, I wanted a place that did not allow pets and that could assure me a fragrance-free room. Hotel Carmel offered all of the above. The grounds were clean and comfortable. A nice surprise was the organic coffee in the morning with real milk and the evening wine service. Our room was great! Fireplace, big screen TV, mini-fridge to chill the wine we had brought and a super comfortable bed. We really enjoyed our stay!

4  Thank ProvidingFeedback07
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We stayed for one night during a road trip around California. We arrived at 3pm and were told our room wouldn't be ready for an hour which is completely understandable but we were not given a map of the town or asked if we wanted any restaurant recommendations (very different to the incredibly friendly service elsewhere in California). The rooms are clean and comfortable but they charge $4 for water which is left out so it looks like it is free, and no water taps anywhere. Breakfast the next days was chaotic, far too many people in the lobby having to tip toe around each other, we ended up eating in our room. The $20 amenity fee per personis far too steep for wifi, breakfast and a 'wine hour' (one half glass of ok wine). For luxury prices this hotel doesn't hit the mark, I think there are many betters options around where you get better quality for the cost.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anna B
Reviewed July 19, 2018

This hotel was just OK for me. Great location within walking distance of everything in Carmel. Kind of dark room, with old shower/toilets -- for this price, I would expect a nicer bathroom. There are nicer hotels/inns in Carmel that are a better value. We liked the Nespresso machine and comfy bed.

Date of stay: July 2018
4  Thank gourmetgal28
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Love this place. Great boutique feel, nice simple breakfast and friendly staff. A short stroll to the main area of Carmel. Pub adjacent to the hotel has excellent food and ambience. I recommend this place for families too.

Date of stay: August 2017