“Expensive but worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'escargot

L'escargot
Reserve with OpenTable
L'escargot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: L'Escargot is a French restaurant in Carmel, California with a warm, romantic dining room area and with plenty of space between tables.
Marina, California
“Expensive but worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went here for my birthday dinner (11/10) and wasn't disappointed. Excellent food, good service, very cozy atmosphere. My wife and I have been here twice before and the only thing that's changed is the large wooden snail sculpture that used to be out front is gone. We live about 15 minutes away and know the area very well. Oh, the only negative is their baguette. I bake, and I like mine better :}

• Visited November 2012

los angeles
“Gave it one more chance......AVOID!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were visiting friends in the area who suggested we go there for dinner. In spite of our previous bad experience, we begrudgingly went along, since they had heard one of their friends that it was good.

Big mistake. While we were not asked to leave this time because we changed our mind on our order, the food we did receive was not fresh and not edible. Luckily I did not get sick this time, but perhaps that is because I ate very little of what was rudely placed in front of me. Poor service, worse food.

I really don't know how this place stays in business. Never again......

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank docjmrmd
Monterey, California
“Way Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Pros-atmosphere, food
Cons-overpriced, service can be erratic. The atmosphere is pretty nice, but you can't help the feeling though your meal that you are being massively ripped off, even by Carmel standards.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank ed w
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Having visited Carmel on many occassions, we stumbled upon this gem during last week's visit. I guess we'd missed it before, due to it's 'off the beaten path' location away from Ocean Avenue. My wife just found it on the internet. We could not have been more pleased with the service and menu. Our waiter was 'Dino' who was very attentive, cordial and helpful. We would highly recommend it, and will make sure to return during our next stay in Carmel. David from Fort Worth

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank David H
Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were late for our reservation and were nearly turned down, however, we were fortunate to get in. This was the most wondrful dining experience we have ever experienced. We are from Abaco, Bahamas, and have travelled worldwide. Service was excellent, food superb. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012