“Family Brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rio Road
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went here for brunch last weekend and had a very nice meal and great service. Started with bottomless mimosa :). I had classic eggs Benedict - I asked for fully cooked egg whit and received firm yolks as well. The only downside. My son's cheese blintzes were excellent. My egg allergic husband wears able to order a quesadilla, since both breakfast and lunch items were available. Daughter had breakfast which she enjoyed and her husband had a lunch item. All with those bottomless mimosas.

1  Thank PattiCNS

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We arrived for dinner albeit without a reservation at 7:45pm. We had checked out the dinner menu earlier in the day and thought we'd try it on our stay in Carmel. There were two groups in but no sign of any staff! After waiting for five minutes, we went into the kitchen. We were told they stop serving at 8pm. We pointed out that it was 7:50pm but no joy. Why wasn't the 'closed' sign turned around? We went to R.J.Burgers-a couple of doors around- very tasty burgers!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Though there was a mix up with the Open Table reservation, they seated us right away. We had the filetto and plank Salmon for our main courses and they were both excellent. Service was attentive and we will dine there again.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited Carmel for a last-minute trip to celebrate New Year's Eve. Not surprisingly, many of the restaurants in the center of the village were booked, but we were lucky enough to book a reservation at Bistro 211 on Open Table. What serendipity! This is a very sweet, inviting cafe with a lovely staff and truly delicious food. The price fixe menu began with a lobster bisque that was amazing. This was followed by a most original salad, perfectly-prepared halibut or filet mignon with vegetables and gnochi, and a mouth-watering chocolate mousse, as well as a glass of champagne. The price was very reasonable! Most memorable, though, was the charming staff. We were well-taken-care-of by two skilled, good-natured servers and the charming restaurant owner, who stopped by our quiet corner table to greet us. Families were welcomed at tables nearby, giving the restaurant a European feel. I love this unpretentious, very delightful cozy cafe in Carmel! (It's in a shopping mall, but you'd never guess it once you step in the door!)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Carmel is filled with wonderful places to eat. We have eaten here several times but today was the last. Before it had been adequate and we are in the area frequently. I had the BLT sandwich and even though it was seemingly overpriced I had high expectations. I love a god BLT. Great bread, thick slices of tomato, fresh crisp lettuce, smoked bacon and good aioli and you have a memorable sandwich. Well, the bacon was good. There was not enough lettuce or tomato to taste. The most unremarkable sour dough on the peninsula and plain mayo. So how about the sides? There were none. So I ordered the $3 French fries. Hoping that the bistro would start with a real potato I was disappointed to be served the Sysco special. Oh, I almost forgot the $4 diet coke.
On the positive side, my wife's salmon dish was fine. The waitstaff passed by and asked how I food was but didn't stop to hear the reply.