“excellent bagels”

Cuisines: Fast Food
New Delhi, India
“excellent bagels”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The bagels were excellent, very filling and very reasonably priced. they were as good as the best we'd had in New york. The coffee was good too. We had driven through Carmel on our way to LA from SFO, since we'd heard so much about it. We were surprized to find such a nice eatery at prices we didnt expect.

• Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great bagels at a good price”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stopped in for breakfast on a Tuesday morning, we were serviced very quickly and the food was great. Bagels were delicious, they also give you a ton of cream cheese. Too much really, I had to scrape some off but that's not really a complaint. They also have good bagel sandwiches to take with you for later. We took some along to eat on a hike,they held up fine.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great place for food to take hiking.”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Great place for food to take hiking.
No ambience

Carmel, California
“GREAT BAGELS, FRIENDLY STAFF, REAL REAL FAST AND FRESH”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

While dashing to THE QUAIL motorsports event yesterday I needed some quick fuel and stopped in at the Bagel Bakery. If Carmel has anything resembling a strip mall, this shopping center at the mouth of Carmel Valley is it. Right next door to a nail boutique is the Bagel Bakery. It's no dive like most of its ilk. First impression is clean bright restaurant and lots of people and a line out the door. It moved fast and in minutes( which were used to decide from the wall mounted menu board) I was ordering several bagels with my own special choice of toppings. Friendly staff, really fast service, reasonable prices (about the only thing reasonable during the car week on the Monterey Peninsula) and GOOD bagels. I don't like the light fluffy bagels that some places sell. These bagels have body and texture and flavors. Toasted Cinnamon Raisin with melted honey butter and a dab of peanut butter...ummm. And a three seed with garlic bagel topped with walnut cream cheese and lox (yeah, like I said, I have my own tastes) and tomato. Great coffee too. Best $6 breakfast in a long time. Strongly recommended for a daily experience.

• Visited August 2011
San Francisco
“Pick up a satisfying lunch for your hike here”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My wife and I visit the Carmel area about twice a year. On the day of a hike, we will often stop by Bagel Bakery to pick a lunch to put in our backpack. Their bagel sandwiches always hit the spot (we especially like "the New Yorker" which has smoked salmon, plain cream cheese, tomato, and onion). Great fresh ingredients in generous portions. Fast service, great price.

1 Thank gwh_SF