“Good pricey food, in lovely location”
Review of La Bicyclette

La Bicyclette
Ranked #9 of 136 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Featuring European Country Cuisine, hand-crafted using local ingredients and old world artistry. Our food is simple and spontaneous, blending flavors and cooking techniques in a way that is rooted in tradition yet creative.
Reviewed August 17, 2016

The restaurant is a beautiful boutique place, with a warm and cozy atmosphere but a little crowded. The food is delicious but also expensive, but to be fair, this is valid all over Carmel. The pizza isn't worth the price, but the cooked dishes are tasty and nicely presented. The wine connoisseur knows the wine list very well and will lead you to the right choice without bothersome upselling techniques.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

The food is simple, healthy and well cooked. The ambiance is great, feel like home. The fig pizza is very special; escargot is cooked without too much oily source; the meat board is fresh. We ordered the pasta dish ( the only pasta), it was delicious. I don't like pasta cooked with too much water, and the dish was cooked with just right amount of source.
The heirloom tomato salad with cheese is soft, full of seasonal touch.
We had a big group of 7 including children and could sit in a private space in the back. The wifi was very helpful to make the children quiet as they could watch their iPads. The table is about 8-10 people's ppl.
The service was awesome. I stop by here each time I came by Carmel.
There is a counter where they make the pizza. It is fun to watch.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

This place is very quaint, very charming, very fun. The food is great, the service also, and the atmosphere very nice. We would go here again and again.In fact, we do. And they have gluten free pizza, for those who are interested.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

This is my favorite restaurant, not only in Carmel but far beyond. I truly feel like I'm in Europe! They pay attention to details and it all counts. The freshest food, homemade bread (on the premises), fruit compotes, delectable produce, and of course, the cappuccinos! The foam is so dense my raw sugar floats, only finally descending to the coffee elixir below the creamy foam. The music is perfect, too, which is important in the dining experience. They really have it dialed in. I learned from the owner that they have themes and the menu is constantly refreshed. It's worth noting their other family-owned businesses: The Corkscrew and others. I recommend reservations, even for breakfast.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

I made reservations over a month before our trip to Carmel having to give a credit card to make reservation for table of 6. Earlier in the day my wife became ill and I called restaurant to cancel reservation, but was told they have a 48 hour cancellation policy and my card would be charged $20 per person or $120.00 to cancel . Restaurant was able to give us a later seating from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and we all were able to have dinner. This is a small French Bistro, great pizza , interesting menu, and good service.