“Great place for dinner!”
Review of La Bicyclette

La Bicyclette
Ranked #8 of 161 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the atmosphere in this restaurant. We didn't make any reservation (AGAIN..should have do better planning next time) The host told us the next available seating will be about an hour and half later. We accepted it happily. They called us less than 30 minutes to come back.

Ordered the escargot for appetizer and Local Champignon pizza. Both taste great especially the pizza. We had couple beers to go with it. My fav beer with the Local Champignon pizza is the Chimay.

There are newer reviews for La Bicyclette

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great service, a varied menu for breakfast, lunch and evening meals. Intersting wine list with a nice collection of European as well as US wines. The best bread and the most wonderful coffee. Friendly staff with time to chat

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at La Bicyclette; the staff is warm and attentive, the atmosphere is quaint, and the music is a nice background. The food itself was wonderful, with the exception of an overseasoned risotto. We shared a pureed vegetable soup, which was served homestyle at the table and was delicious. We followed with the salad with strawberries and nuts, which was really fresh and flavorful. We were immediately interested in the carrot risotto, which was said to include lemon and truffles. However, it was so heavily flavored with black pepper that the other flavors were overwhelmed; the only disappointment of the night. For dessert, we tried the trifle with almond milk, and a chocolate dessert with cream, raspberries and little sprinkle of salt and olive oil -- it was wonderful. This was the last dinner of a 10-day trip through Northern California, and the atmosphere, service and fresh ingredients were a good cap to our trip.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I recently visited La Bicyclette having remembered a wonderful meal we had there years ago. I don't know what happened but this was one of the worst experiences we have ever had in a restaurant. The wait staff was uninterested in offering bread, wine menu or anything else and had a very unprofessional attitude. No one came to our table once we had our food to see if everything was ok, did we need water, anything else. I did ask one waiter for bread and he said it would cost $5 but he didn't know if I wanted that or a slice of bread. I never received either and then when I asked him about it he joked that they couldn't slice it. Other waitstaff were setting up napkins and utensils for tomorrow right next to us and generally ignored us throughout the meal. The most insulting was the waiter with the glasses and plaid shirt who just laughed off any requests. I will never go back and will tell all my friends to do the same.
Maureen Thorp

1  Thank Maureenthorp
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This restaurant never, ever disappoints. Fresh, cleverly prepared dishes in a vivacious atmosphere with great wait staff. Always busy so reserve if you can. Bon appetite!