A very intimate and quiet hotel. A full service bar, lovely gardens, kids played the giant chess set, nice swimming pool. Situated a short walk down to the beach or up to the quaint shops of Carmel. Located amongst what I gather are the more affluent holiday homes of Carmel.
Only negatives I can report are;
• for a double queen room there was never enough soap or shampoo left in the room. It was as though they were skimping on this, and;
• the towels had a very strong bleach smell when you dried your face or hair. Not really what you'd expect.
• a little too expensive for what you get or anything comparable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Playa Carmel is a 75-room historic luxury boutique hotel, newly restored to preserve its turn-of-the-century charm while updating it to modern-day standards. Located two blocks from the beach and village shops, art galleries and restaurants, the hotel is situated in the heart of Carmel and anchors its most prestigious residential neighborhood. The grounds encompass meticulously tended gardens, intimate patios, secluded courtyards and a tranquil terrace swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Otel, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Playa Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Playa
- La Playa Carmel Ca