All reviews pastries bavarian style heated pool dutch doors local bakery top floor continental breakfast bit dated coffee and juice two bedroom suite wet bar the main street view of the ocean quaint hotel two nights few blocks shops and restaurants
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I think I was expecting more from this hotel. It wasn't bad but I believe it's slightly overpriced even for Carmel standards. I was greeted by a man who asked me my name then went into the back office where I heard him say "I don't deal with foreigners"so that wasn't a great start. The lady who checked me in was pleasant though.

The room was outdated and not very clean, especially the carpet.
The breakfast was served in the small lobby so we had to take the pastries and coffee back to our room to eat on the bed, which was alittle uncomfortable.
Our room was very cold even though we put the heating on, so we weren't comfortable during our two night stay.

On the plus side there's parking and it's within walking distance from everything.
If I ever return to Carmel, I wouldn't stay here again. In my opinion it's overpriced and needs updating.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loren_881
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Yasis, the customer representative made things possible for me. All hotels in the property were sold out, yet she managed to give me a room that fits my budget. Upon checking in, I was amazed with its "Dutch theme." The fireplace in the office kept the place warm enough. Quick checked in and the receptionist was friendly. Lucky to have a space in their parking lot!
The cottage was enough for 2 people. Very clean and amenities are complete. There's sauna in the restroom located in the pool area. Breakfast was provided from local bakery. This house is located at the heart of carmel. With the map provided, everything is just walking distance. With these positive reviews, we finally found the house where we will stay in Carmel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Hofsas, Manager at Hofsas House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

We're so happy you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed the amenities and friendly service too! We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Carmel, thank you for the review!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

My family has stayed at the Hofsas House for years. We make at least a trip or two to Carmel every year. The Hofsas is our go to place. We are horrible travelers and they still love us. We book at the last minute. We want a reasonable price. We bring our geriatric dog and sometimes too loud son with us. He isn’t really loud, but he does raid the free breakfast pastries with much gusto. When we checked into the room today, they gave us only one room key. I think that’s because on our last visit my wife lost the other key. Maybe they haven’t got around to making a copy, or they just remember, either way it’s part of the perfect Hofsas House vibe.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Thank D. Michael W

Thank you for the review! We're so happy you have been staying with us for years and that you always have a great visit! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

On a trip around Northern California we planned a couple of nights in the Monterey Bay area to spend time at the aquarium, drive down Big Sur, and eat seafood. I chanced upon the Hofsas House when looking at options and am glad I did. It's less expensive than any of the Monterey chains as well as most other places in Carmel and its only a short drive to get anywhere in the area.

The place is a little funky with the Bavarian theme and sort of dated ornate room furnishings but it was both clean and comfortable. The breakfast pastries were fresh and it was nice to bring a tray back to our balcony to look out toward the ocean in the distance.

It's only three or four blocks to the center of Carmel and its restaurants and shops, but downhill, meaning it's uphill on the way back.

I think this is a great, affordable option for a visit to the area.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Hofsas, Manager at Hofsas House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

We're glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your time at our Bavarian themed hotel! We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to welcome you back, thanks for the review!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Stayed two nights, it was affordable and clean. Very well located. The buildings and rooms are older but they are clean and well maintained. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Very close to the main street and all attractions.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the nice review! It's so great to hear you had friendly service from the staff at our family run hotel! We hope you will choose to stay with us again!