“Real treat where they spoil you and your children!”

Carmel Valley Ranch
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
London
“Real treat where they spoil you and your children!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We are on an 8 week tour of the west coast with our 6mth old baby and this has been the best hotel so far - that said we did 3 weeks in an RV so any hotel is good right now!

We did a mid week deal, checked in early and hung around the next day to make the most of the visit:)

The suite was large with a great view, indeed, we got an upgrade as we were disappointed with the view (or lack of) with the first suite. The suite comprised a lounge, big bathroom, bedroom and balcony. I loved the fire in the bedroom, we used it even though it was warm as it was so relaxing. We got cookies and milk for our son, along with johnson toiletries, a bib and a great bath.

My husband played tennis with members, I did the yoga class (there were only 6 in the class) and we chilled by the (children friendly) pool, hot tubs and splash zone. I would have liked to have done more complimentary classes/activities but most occur in the morning and clash.

The climate was great, not too hot and the food was good and reasonably priced.

We walked round some of the grounds, it's massive and in some ways the size is a downside as you have to drive to the pool and gym. There is a complimentary shuttle service but both my husband and I waited 20 mins for that, so not ideal.

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The suites are beautiful and the golf course exceptional. My wife and I ended of our Anniversary trip to the west coast with 4 nights here. Beautiful updated suites with gas fireplace in the bedroom was a perfect way to relax and enjoy the quiet and peaceful surroundings. Golf course was very scenic with large elevation changes throughout. Proximity and ease of traveling to Carmel and Monterey for day trips and evenings out was much better than expected. Did not take advantage of the numerous activities offered, beyond golf, but amenities looked terrific.

Room Tip: Move up to at least the "Ranch Suites". but be prepared for a hike if you pick a Hill-top...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I saw Carmel Valley Ranch as I was reading a food blog and promptly fell in love with the place. A short time later I had booked a trip for me and my best friend. We spent 4 nights in early October, when the weather was perfect- apparently, early fall is one of the best times of the year for gorgeous weather in the valley.

Everything was just as I hoped it would be. The room was beautiful- clean, comfortable, simple, elegant design. The bathroom was dreamy with comfy robes, a soaking tub, shower stall and separate room for the toilet. There was PLENTY of closet space for two girls, fireplace, fridge, deck with comfy chairs, free snacks, wonderful artisan bathroom products, etc. I could not have asked for better. Our room was near the lodge, looking out over the pool. At first, I thought it would be too noisy, but it was very peaceful. One night we heard some folks out by the fire pit, but it was not for long, and not TOO noisy. I actually liked being closer to the lodge, it was just a short walk to the restaurant/bar/pool/hot tub, and that was really nice. I did read some reviews that stated the rooms were noisy from the folks next door, but we did not experience that at all. There was even a dog in the room next to us, and we heard him scamper down the hall once the entire time. We did not hear our neighbors talking, did not hear TV's, nothing. It was very quiet.

We took advantage of a Tuesday special spa day- where they serve you a cupcake after your massage, and I believe the individual shower rooms were bigger than my entire bathroom at home. The spa was immaculate, the services wonderful. The Tuesday special was an excellent deal and included lunch and gratuity.

We also enjoyed the bee experience, suiting up in bee keeper outfits and getting an up close look at the hives and learning a LOT about bees from their keeper. Excellent for kids and adults. We enjoyed hiking the trails around the property, seeing many deer and wild turkeys, and taking turns on the tree swings.

The food in the main restaurant was wonderful, as was all of the service we received.

The front desk staff and concierge staff gave us great ideas for things to do in Carmel by the Sea and Carmel Valley Village, and were very helpful.

In short, we had a perfect trip, I expect to return some day. Thanks to everyone at CVR for making our trip so special!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Salvador, BA
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The cosy atmosphere of downtown Carmel and the simple sophistication of the Carmel Valley Ranch left us the feeling that the best of life doesn"t relay on luxury. The intimacy with nature is so good, we feel peace and happiness.
The bedrooms are special with everything you need and some more. Breakfast is really tasty with a lovely view from the pool, flowers and trees. Restaurant is great, the staff is friendly
This is a place we could come every year,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were celebrating wife's birthday and I must say that I could not have picked a better spot to spend this special time. Our accommodations were exquisite... The view from our deck overlooking the expansive valley was spectacular!

We spent the entire 24 hours on the resort grounds as there was no need to venture out when we had paradise at our beck and call. We traveled the expansive grounds and were continually surprised and amazed by its beauty.

We had an opportunity to sample some of the many different venues… We enjoyed at drink at the golf club overlooking the magnificent golf course. We had a sumptuous dinner at the Lodge Restaurant with a special table overlooking the vineyard. After dinner we ventured poolside and we were treated to an outside fire place where we made s'mores.

When we returned to our suite after dinner we were greeted with a bottle of champagne combined with a great presentation of chocolate covered strawberries wishing my wife a happy birthday… Who could ask for more!

Throughout our stay the support team could not have been more welcoming... Everyone made us feel so special.

The recent renovations made will continue to pay big dividends in the months and years to come. Carmel Valley Ranch is truly a five-star resort!

Room Tip: Request a balcony with a valley view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I originally booked the Tickle Pink. After being extremely dissatisfied, we drove 10 minutes to this charm. The rooms were awesome! Very spacious, nicely appointed, modern. Our room had two fireplaces which were great for the September weather. The resort offers many ammenities, and most fitness classes are included with your stay!! A great added feature. They went out of their way to accomodate us when we got in late, and even gifted us chocolate covered strawberries since we had just gotten married! This resort is also a short 7 mile drive to downtown Carmel shops and the beach!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ponteland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent our one week wedding anniversary in room 101. Th room was breathtaking. 2 huge rooms with separate lounge. One of the bathrooms had a fire dividing it from the bedroom- so atmospheric. We were delighted to have been left chocolate dipped cookies,sparking wine and cookies in our kitchenette.
We loved sitting by the fires after swimming( plenty of seats), informal meals at the ranch cafe with very friendly staff and the s'mores at night time. We loved the wild turkeys and deer wandering around
The only disappointment was breakfast. We forgot to book and had to wait 45 minutes for a table,even tho we notice no one at out table for all of that wait. When we finally got our table,we then waited another 10 minutes before I finally went and asked a waiter to serve us. We then went up to the buffet and the locusts had been. After another wait more fruit , bacon and eggs were brought out which were instantly consumed by me and my fellow diners. Our advice. BOOK BREAKFAST and GO for an EARLY sitting.
Apart from breakfast we had a lovely 3 days at Carmel valley Ranch and were glad we chose to stay here rather than in Monterey.we enjoyed visiting the aquarium nearby and just watching the world go by from the tree swings.
This resort reminded us of UK centre parks but 100 times more luxurious. If this ranch was in Europe we would want to come back every year!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Caroline W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
La Playa Carmel
L'Auberge Carmel
L'Auberge Carmel
#19 of 25 in Carmel
InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Been to Carmel Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!