Carmel Valley Ranch
$266
$180
Official Site
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$179
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Official Website
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$204
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$190
ComfortInn
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$355
$407
$349
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $548/night.

$499
  • Pool
$420
Hotels.com
1,674 results
All reviewsgolf coursegarland suitefamily poolwild turkeyscarmel valleyorganic gardenadult poollodge restaurantinfinity hot tubbee keepinglavender fieldsfitness classesgreat resortspa treatmentsthe main lodgehiking trailsoak trees
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I saw Carmel Valley Ranch as I was reading a food blog and promptly fell in love with the place. A short time later I had booked a trip for me and my best friend. We spent 4 nights in early October, when the weather was perfect- apparently, early fall is one of the best times of the year for gorgeous weather in the valley.

Everything was just as I hoped it would be. The room was beautiful- clean, comfortable, simple, elegant design. The bathroom was dreamy with comfy robes, a soaking tub, shower stall and separate room for the toilet. There was PLENTY of closet space for two girls, fireplace, fridge, deck with comfy chairs, free snacks, wonderful artisan bathroom products, etc. I could not have asked for better. Our room was near the lodge, looking out over the pool. At first, I thought it would be too noisy, but it was very peaceful. One night we heard some folks out by the fire pit, but it was not for long, and not TOO noisy. I actually liked being closer to the lodge, it was just a short walk to the restaurant/bar/pool/hot tub, and that was really nice. I did read some reviews that stated the rooms were noisy from the folks next door, but we did not experience that at all. There was even a dog in the room next to us, and we heard him scamper down the hall once the entire time. We did not hear our neighbors talking, did not hear TV's, nothing. It was very quiet.

We took advantage of a Tuesday special spa day- where they serve you a cupcake after your massage, and I believe the individual shower rooms were bigger than my entire bathroom at home. The spa was immaculate, the services wonderful. The Tuesday special was an excellent deal and included lunch and gratuity.

We also enjoyed the bee experience, suiting up in bee keeper outfits and getting an up close look at the hives and learning a LOT about bees from their keeper. Excellent for kids and adults. We enjoyed hiking the trails around the property, seeing many deer and wild turkeys, and taking turns on the tree swings.

The food in the main restaurant was wonderful, as was all of the service we received.

The front desk staff and concierge staff gave us great ideas for things to do in Carmel by the Sea and Carmel Valley Village, and were very helpful.

In short, we had a perfect trip, I expect to return some day. Thanks to everyone at CVR for making our trip so special!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The cosy atmosphere of downtown Carmel and the simple sophistication of the Carmel Valley Ranch left us the feeling that the best of life doesn"t relay on luxury. The intimacy with nature is so good, we feel peace and happiness.
The bedrooms are special with everything you need and some more. Breakfast is really tasty with a lovely view from the pool, flowers and trees. Restaurant is great, the staff is friendly
This is a place we could come every year,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were celebrating wife's birthday and I must say that I could not have picked a better spot to spend this special time. Our accommodations were exquisite... The view from our deck overlooking the expansive valley was spectacular!

We spent the entire 24 hours on the resort grounds as there was no need to venture out when we had paradise at our beck and call. We traveled the expansive grounds and were continually surprised and amazed by its beauty.

We had an opportunity to sample some of the many different venues… We enjoyed at drink at the golf club overlooking the magnificent golf course. We had a sumptuous dinner at the Lodge Restaurant with a special table overlooking the vineyard. After dinner we ventured poolside and we were treated to an outside fire place where we made s'mores.

When we returned to our suite after dinner we were greeted with a bottle of champagne combined with a great presentation of chocolate covered strawberries wishing my wife a happy birthday… Who could ask for more!

Throughout our stay the support team could not have been more welcoming... Everyone made us feel so special.

The recent renovations made will continue to pay big dividends in the months and years to come. Carmel Valley Ranch is truly a five-star resort!

Room Tip: Request a balcony with a valley view...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I originally booked the Tickle Pink. After being extremely dissatisfied, we drove 10 minutes to this charm. The rooms were awesome! Very spacious, nicely appointed, modern. Our room had two fireplaces which were great for the September weather. The resort offers many ammenities, and most fitness classes are included with your stay!! A great added feature. They went out of their way to accomodate us when we got in late, and even gifted us chocolate covered strawberries since we had just gotten married! This resort is also a short 7 mile drive to downtown Carmel shops and the beach!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent our one week wedding anniversary in room 101. Th room was breathtaking. 2 huge rooms with separate lounge. One of the bathrooms had a fire dividing it from the bedroom- so atmospheric. We were delighted to have been left chocolate dipped cookies,sparking wine and cookies in our kitchenette.
We loved sitting by the fires after swimming( plenty of seats), informal meals at the ranch cafe with very friendly staff and the s'mores at night time. We loved the wild turkeys and deer wandering around
The only disappointment was breakfast. We forgot to book and had to wait 45 minutes for a table,even tho we notice no one at out table for all of that wait. When we finally got our table,we then waited another 10 minutes before I finally went and asked a waiter to serve us. We then went up to the buffet and the locusts had been. After another wait more fruit , bacon and eggs were brought out which were instantly consumed by me and my fellow diners. Our advice. BOOK BREAKFAST and GO for an EARLY sitting.
Apart from breakfast we had a lovely 3 days at Carmel valley Ranch and were glad we chose to stay here rather than in Monterey.we enjoyed visiting the aquarium nearby and just watching the world go by from the tree swings.
This resort reminded us of UK centre parks but 100 times more luxurious. If this ranch was in Europe we would want to come back every year!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family