Carmel Valley Ranch
$266
$180
Official Site
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

Pine Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Official Website
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$190
ComfortInn
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$204
$193
Travelocity
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Orbitz.com
$396
$349
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $546/night.

Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$355
$249
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $309/night.

$695
$422
Relais & Châteaux
$503
$485
Cancelon
  • Pool
1,674 results
All reviewsgolf coursegarland suitefamily poolwild turkeyscarmel valleyorganic gardenadult poollodge restaurantinfinity hot tubbee keepinglavender fieldsfitness classesgreat resortspa treatmentsthe main lodgehiking trailsoak trees
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a great place this is. From my first call, the service could not have been better. (And don't you love a place that includes tipping in the resort fee?) Thoughtful, attentive, and immediate. We had a problem with one of our fireplaces and called the front desk. Of course, they said they would send someone immediately. Of course, we didn't believe them. We were wrong -- the serviceman was there immediately and he fixed the problem.

The grounds are lovely. The pools are lovely. The fire pits are lovely. The s'mores are a lovely touch. The complimentary snacks in the room are lovely. The toiletries are lovely. The food in the restaurant is lovely. The birds and the deer and the dogs...yep, all lovely.

This is an expensive place, but we were so relaxed and so pleased that our twinges at checkout were fleeting.

One more thing: listen to what they tell you at the front desk and make a reservation for dinner. Our first night there we did make a reservation but the dining room wasn't crowded so we thought we didn't need one the next night. Wrong. It was packed. We pleasantly threw ourselves on their mercy and it took a while but the dining room manager came up with a solution. And then, in keeping with our previous experiences with the great service at Carmel Valley Ranch, the dining room manager apologized for our wait and comped our drinks.

Amazing service.
Total relaxation.

Room Tip: Go ahead and upgrade to a Garland Suite: big, beautiful, two gas fireplaces, refreshing deck...everything you need to relax
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CDinDC20009
831-625-9500, Manager at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Well thank your for your lovely review! We pride ourselves on friendly, prompt and professional service. We look forward to making your next stay flawless! Sincerely, Melanie Cooke, Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's amazing the turn around of this place... from the previous owners who built some slick out of place East Coast style resort that simply didn't fit with the valley. JDV has done a phenomenal job. Their pool deck and infinity spa are beautiful, the playful nature of the added elements like the swings are too much fun (you must do it while you are there.. a simple, storied, fun moment). Their gift shop is the best organized and stocked shop I have ever seen. They offer endless activities and options. I am no golfer, but meet at the clubhouse in the morning for the "bee keeping experience" - you get to learn about the lavender honey and bee projects they do on site, as well as dress up in bee keeping outfits and do a couple tastings. It was so much fun.

The rooms are exceptional.. we had a hillside suite that stared out over Carmel Valley. It's the most beautiful place in the world... and we just took it in from our patio, or our huge and exceptionally comfortable bed (one of the best I have ever stayed in), warmed by our huge gas fireplace. It was room 309, and it was a fantastic place. Rates are steep. STEEP.

The breakfasts were outstanding, the dinner was fantastic - the menu is concise, but the options are all delicious. The bartender is a classic - and kept making us some of the best drinks I have ever had - classics for me, fun stuff like pear martinis for wifey. I am looking at some of the drinks we ordered, and sparing you the nasty details, I can safely say we enjoyed ourselves.

It's certainly a place to save up - but it's a true weekend away rather than those sloppy, half-assed "staycations" that just don't re-energize or rejuvenate like they should. I am starting to think you need 3 days, or it's not worth it. So my advice... 3 days, and call me in the morning. =)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OnlineConcierge
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We reached Carmel in a heavy fog, drove a couple of miles out of town to Carmel Valley Ranch, the sun was shining and things just kept getting better. Our room was huge and had plenty of space and privacy for the teenager. Fires in both bedroom and living area a nice touch for the cold nights.
Pool area lovely. Kids pool in a different area which is a bonus for everyone.
Restaurant is good and consistent. We ate here more than we intended to because it was just that.
Good selection of classes, yoga very good. I took a bee keeping class and a lavender harvesting class both were interesting and hands on.
Golf course was very enjoyable for a resort course, not too challenging. Be sure to take buggy. Lovely walks around the property. This is the perfect R and R destination. Unfortunately it's 6,000 miles from where I live!

Room Tip: Choose your room carefully if you dont like walking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Carmel Valley Ranch is such a great place to relax, we have stayed a few times and have always felt comfortable and well cared for. The amount of staff and the ability to provide so much comfort on such a large property is wonderful!!
The average rooms are as large as one small house, with all of the luxuries of a fancy hotel, with the ability to eat in your room, or dine out. There is a great restaurant on the property as well as being located close enough to many other excellent restaurants. The pool is located just outside the lobby, and it is fabulous, the best part is it stays open all night!!
The gym and spa are amazing!!

The property is so beautiful with an 18 hole golf course, gardens, and hiking!
My husband and I always enjoy ourselves when we stay at CVR, we feel well rested when we return home.

I highly recommend coming to the Ranch and see all of the beauty for yourself!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good, Its not possible to get a bad room in such a beautiful place.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hcatrwc
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A review long overdue but nevertheless. To call Carmel Valley Ranch a Pet Lover's Paradise is an understatement. If my chihuahuas had to rate the resort, I'm sure they would have given all four paws. After being couped up in a small manhattan apartment all winter long, what a joy it was to run free on the beautiful ranch. The entire resort was leash-free indoors and out with the exception of the restaurant which by all means completely understandable but get this, there are two round dining tables in the lobby lounge right outside the restaurant where the restaurant kindly accommodated us and our pooches. One of the best breakfasts I've ever had in a hotel, how much can toast, eggs, sausage, bacon and juice impress you ask? That's how good it was, and we're picky eaters, and that's just breakfast, lunch was good too. And to top it off, professional, friendly servers, great floor to ceiling views of the pool, dogs by my side, just perfect. The pet amenities in room were cute and the bag dispensers were super convenient. I'm not quite sure what more I would have asked for here, I've been to hotels where they give away pet toys and treats especially when there's an added fee so maybe a little memorabilia would have been nice since the dog bowls and mat was not ours to keep.

The room was spacious, clean, tasteful and adequate. If you can afford the pricier room categories (Weekdays are usually a little slower and rates a little better) I think you'll get something that looks more like the beautiful shots on the website but hopefully you're not spending that much time in the room anyway! Enjoy the resort amenities, walk through the vineyard, checkout the organic garden and join the Bee Experience, that was pretty cool. Then drive 10 minutes out to Carmel-By-The-Sea and enjoy the quaint little town also known for their pet friendly beach and excellent dining options. Let's just say I don't expect much with food when we travel with our dogs because we're limited in choices but they were definitely good enough for the wannabe foodies that we are.

All in all, a beautiful resort tucked away in a peaceful valley but close enough to the beautiful city of Carmel in Monterey County. I don't usually think about going to the same place twice but a truly great destination for a 3-4 day vacation that I would think about taking again, this time perhaps with family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple