On our 3-day-drive from LA to SFO we stayed the 2nd night in Carmel. When we arrived at Rio Road we were a bit shocked about the outside look of the 'Carmel Mission Inn'. It look a bit like a Motel from the 60's. But then it turned out to be a positive surprise!
Check-in was friendly and fast, got the instruction how to drive to our room. We had a room on the 3rd floor, with a nice balcony. The room itself was nicely renovated. Only when you open the curtains you see the old aluminum-framed windows and the older AC - but nothing to worry about.
The only two negative points are
- Internet very, very slow
- price a bit too high for what is offered
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our Carmel Ca. hotel you will find a quaint, yet stylish setting with an array of gracious amenities that include a heated pool, fitness center and the "Fuse" restaurant. We’ve truly created a destination within a destination. Additionally, we offer fantastic facilities for weddings, business meetings, retreats and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Mission Hotel Carmel
- Carmel Mission Inn