“How one employee can make a difference”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Torrance
“How one employee can make a difference”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife stayed here for 2 nights Feb.3-4 and we got a lovely balcony room. Breakfast was very nice and everything was very clean.
What was special was on Feb.5 we were departing and inadvertently I left my sweater in the room.
The young gal who had gone in to clean the room noticed it and went down from room 413 on the 4th floor to the parking lot to give me the sweater as we were driving away. I will continue to use that hotel in the future because of my experience and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thanks for your kind words about our Carmel hotel. Your recognition of one of our staff members was the best part of your review. We honestly believe that we have genuinely nice people working here. The example you cited is truly a testament to that. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again. Just remember to contact the hotel direct for the best rates and packages.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here unfortunately for only one night, wish it could have been longer. At check in we were upgraded to a king. I asked for the 4th floor because other reviewers recommended it. George at the front desk got it for us. For dinner we walked across the parking lot to the Barnyard, after a long day it was great not to have to drive anywhere to eat. Buffet breakfast was included and had a great assortment. I had French toast, bacon, fresh fruit and coffee. My husband had eggs, fruit, assorted breads. Many other vegan and vegetarian choices. Patty, our server always kept my coffee topped. The room was quite and cozy and the bathroom was well stocked with toiletries. We will definitely be staying here again and for more that one night!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa G
Thanks for your review of our Carmel hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I hope you took advantage of our bed and breakfast package which is an outstanding value. We are very proud of our hard-working, dedicated staff and we thank you for mentioning them during your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Please remember to contact the hotel direct for the best rates and packages.
SF
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We have been going to the Carmel Mission Inn for years. It is always a pleasant stay. The rooms are a little small but very clean and comfortably decorated, all up to date conveniences. Lovely pool and jacuzzi area. Right next door to an upscale outdoor mall.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 4engels
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here for 2 night with the family while visiting Carmel/Monterey/Big Sur. While it's not right in downtown, it's a 5 minute drive to Carmel and a 10 minute drive to Monterey. If you don't want to pay high prices for location this is the perfect compromise. The rooms are nicely decorated, but fairly small. We had some issues with the heat in our room and while they couldn't fix it, they were very diligent in trying. We also called the front desk for a couple things during our stay and they responded immediately! In all the other places we stayed along the coast breakfast was included, here it was not, but we paid the $10 and it was worth it. All and all it was pleasant and affordable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Namaste1017
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was drawn by the colors, and was not disappointed...This is an older hotel/motel, which has had a tasteful renovation. The bathrooms are modern, and everything is clean. The property is a sanctuary. Breakfast is delicious and my friend and I shared a wonderful garden omelette which was recommended by the server. EVERYTHING was great. I will keep the Carmel Mission Inn on my list of places to re-visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Livermore, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I would recommend Carmel Mission Inn to anyone in the area. The Front Desk Staff were very helpful and our room was more then expected. Breakfast wasn't expected but very good. I was advised of cocktails from 5 - 7 p.m. with hordv........I can't wait to return..

CT

Room Tip: just always ask for an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie T
Andover, Kansas, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We really enjoyed the 1960's decor and the beautiful landscaping. The pool area is nice. There's a small workout room with a couple treadmills and other equipment. The breakfast was nice as well and the staff friendly and helpful. Evening drinks and snacks were nice, too. Room was very clean. Beach hotels sometime suffer due to all the sand and water. I had problems with the blow dryer and they quickly replaced it. We definitely would recommend this hotel. It has a great location just off Hwy 1.

Room Tip: Get one on the second floor facing Hwy1. It looks over Carmel and some beautiful hills.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple