“GREAT Location, GREAT Ocean View!”

Carmel Bay View Inn
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We've stayed here 3 times and have enjoyed every stay! The ocean view from the balcony on the top floor is wonderful. The location is perfect since the hotel is right in town. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast area is very convenient for hotel guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

What a lovely little hotel! I chose it based not only on price, but street-Googled the area and it seemed quite nice. After having been there though, any street in Carmel would have been wonderful. The room was quaint, comfortable and clean. I love the scent of the bath products and snagged the hand lotion for my purse. The young fellows at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming and seemed to really enjoy working there - rather than just putting on a good face for the guests. The beds were comfortable and I loved the little patio at the back. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. My only disappointment was that we only had one night in Carmel; I'm now planning for a week long vacation next year and will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen L
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Love the room. Enjoy the area walk and also well rested for our overnight trip. Must go back again. We will definitely encourage people who are traveling to that area to definitely stop over at this hotel. Short distance walk to the beach and on the way, there a many shops to window shop restaurants have wonderful array of different food for your pallatte. We manage to see the McWay waterfall. Short hiks and easy terrain. Must see.

1  Thank Irene L
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel itself was not too bad. Water in shower suddenly turned very hot and burnt my wife. Informed management and was told it would be fixed for next guest. How does that help my wife? One more thing I did not care for was the slamming of the doors. Could hear doors slam by maids who were cleaning rooms. Doesn't make for relaxing experience early in the morning. If you stay on the top floor, the view of the ocean is nice, however. Probably will not be staying at this motel again.

1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I found this hotel on the internet and after reading many positive reviews, I booked four nights for my wife and myself for a leisure trip to the area. We had a wonderful 4th floor corner room (47), which I requested based on reviews. It had a wonderful wrap around deck with lounge chairs and a . table with four chairs. Beautiful view from the room and deck of Carmel and the ocean. Easy 10 minute walk to beach. Very good deli and liquor stores right next to the hotel. Shops and restaurants all over. We are not really breakfast people, but you could smell the free breakfast in the air in the mornings and I'm sure it was very good also. If you want a room with a view, then you need to be on one of the top two floors. After staying at this hotel, based on the great staff, the great view room and location of this hotel, my wife and myself would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend this hotel to anyone we know who might be thinking of going to the Carmel area.

4  Thank Gary Z
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Recent road trip from San Francisco to Santa Monica we stayed a night at Best Western Plus,
it was a great little place, just what we needed a nice room ( with fireplace ) and starch across the road for dinner, had a great breakfast and on the road again, nice hotel nice staff

1  Thank Vic J
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We only stayed one night on June 26 which I deeply regret. We were in room 63 with a view of the ocean while enjoying the cozy fire place, lovely balcony and a comfortable bed. This hotel is quaint, charming , clean and and much less than the other downtown hotels.. This hotel is only 1 block from the downtown and has a market attached to it for convenience too. We got everything we wanted and more. Room was perfect , staff was courteous and helpful. Even the breakfast was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for the king Deluxe room on a higher floor.